rhino514 - (jason dobson)Member since December 4, 2010
Habs fan since: 1978
Favorite current player: Saku Koivu
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 10:22:42)
I am still not convinced that the team is better off with Parros versus Bournival or Bourque. I mean, what would they do if Bourque was also healthy? They would´ve benched both for Parros? You are taking out guys who can score twenty goals a season for a goon. And they are not small guys either.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 10:19:11)
I love the Vking poster guy. Every single time he posts (even after a win) it is something about the team not being good enough, missing this, missing that. I have come to enjoy the certitude of these comments with my morning cup of coffee.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 10:14:23)
actually, now i remember ....it was Ryder´s save when rask was out of the net, now i recall it...the habs would have tied it and who knows. it was a sure goal...that play turned the tide of the series
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 03:30:51)
What is it with Michael Ryder? What did we ever do to this guy? As a hab he was content to make paper airplanes. Then as a bruin he gets a goal which allows his team to beat us in overtime game 7 and go on to win the Cup. Now as a devil he is a scoring machine against us. The rest of the time he doesn´t show up for work. Why does this man want to destroy us?
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 16:11:19)
1. Decent pick-up; the best of the off-season moves. 2. Either McCarron or De la Rose, but more likely McCarron. They drafted size over talent 3. It´s tough because we have 7 top nine wingers this year. I´d have him platoon with bourque, with Pleks and Gionta. 4. 4th on this year´s team, but a great 4th! But move him onto the third line for the playoffs. 5. Antisocial, but helped build a real solid foundation. We can properly compare ater 5 or 6 years of MB.
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 16:00:30)
How can Gionta be playing left wing? Can´t they see he isn´t comfortable there? And the coach I think put Chucky on RW the other night with Bourque on LW. What´s up with these moves? Put Bournival or Bourque (when healthy) with Pleks and gionta, and Gio has a much better chance to start scoring. They can stick Briere to the right of Eller and Chucky. Or else put Gio with Eller and Chucky, and Briere with Pleks, Bournival, or Bourque. Therrien actually can alot players their natural positions, he isn´t forced to be doing what he´s doing; it´s not like there are many guys injured, and we have good options this year.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 11:00:13)
No question MB has changed the "energy" surrounding the team, the thing is it is really hard to evaluate the tangible effects of that. It is quite possible that players, speciifcally young pleyers, feel less stifled and pressured and this is good for their game. The coach selection....I don´t hate therrien as many on here do, but I think he is a stopgap, not bad, not good, probably convenient at the time because he´s better with kids than his predecessor. As one poster said, it will take at leats 8 years before we can evaluate his work.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 10:30:15)
If Gionta´s 4 goals get a pass because his line is being used primarily as a shut-down line (which would be interesting to confirm), then that would make Plekanec in my mind the MVP of this team no question. His offensive stats don´t suffer at all AND he shuts down the other team´s best players.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 10:05:19)
The points about Gauthier are interesting. He was an unpleasant guy. Bergevin is guy you WANT to like. He´s great. No arrogance at all. But yet, if you look at the histroy of what Gauthier and Gainey did; Max Pac, Subban, Price, Emelin, Gorges, Eller, (not sure about Pleks)....They built the foundation of a pretty solid team. Just one big boo-boo which was Gomez. Also, Gallagher was drafter pre-Bergevin, so the only real guy he is responsible for so far is Chucky and he kind of fell into his lap. As likeable as Bergevin is, he is currently reaping the fruit of his predecessors. What I´m saying is MB is a likeable guy, but 4 or 5 years from now We may realize he did not have the savvy of either of his predecessors.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 09:52:35)
So what´s up with Gionta? Is he done? 4 goals. Funny everyone talks about all the other players as soon as they go through a bit of a slump, but everyone has stayed mum on the only guy who is visibly underperforming this year at this point (since wee Davey seems to be back) I guess he gets a pass because he is the captain and a nice guy and backchecks?