RossyMember since December 7, 2007
Habs fan since: 1955
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Jacques Plante
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-06 10:13:44)
In the photo above, notice how low Price is in his crouch. That's new this year, perhaps from Stephane Waite. It sure reminds me of Jacques Plante in his glory years with the Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2 (2013-12-03 14:12:02)
I noticed last night, as Price was setting up for a face-off to his left, how much his positioning reminded me of Jacques Plante. Never noticed that before with Price, but he seemed to be in a lower crouch ... and totally focussed.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 24 – Canadiens beat powerhouse Penguins 3-2 (2013-11-23 19:14:36)
Of course. CBC is well aware that Canada is Leafs Nation coached by Cherry's great pal, Rob Ford. Does anything else matter?
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-23 11:43:45)
Why does HIO create "lose-lose" polls like the one about which defenceman is better? Such polls only provide fuel to the idiots who love to rip and tear guys who are playing their hearts out for us, in roles they have no control over. Polls like that are as bad as mayor's tweets. Let the coaches coach, the players play and the fans cheer. Go Habs Go!
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-02 10:18:12)
Forget punch-outs in Philly, I want to hear about Cherry's support for Toronto mayor Rob Ford. No, on second thought, I don't ever want to hear Cherry again.
- Comment on Memorial Cup memories from Habs; Churla hired as chief amateur scout (2013-05-27 15:59:07)
Mr Churla, Grab that kid with the A on his heart and 74 on his sweater--Stefan Fournier!
- Comment on Rimouski defenceman Morin could be a good fit for Habs at draft (2013-05-22 18:09:03)
I hope the Habs also take a close look at Stefan Fournier and Stephen MacAulay of the Mooseheads. We know we don't have a hope of getting MacKinnon and Drouin, but the two Stephens are undrafted over-agers.
- Comment on Tinordi in lineup, Weber out for Jets game (2013-04-25 06:57:27)
Certainly Serge Savard is not impressed. The time for talk is over; it's "Show Me" time.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-04-19 06:53:56)
It's been a long time since we've seen Diaz, but I recall a lethal shot from the point and a calm presence in the D-zone, especially in moving the puck out. Observations from another Maritimer. Go Habs Go!
- Comment on About last night … (2013-04-18 08:57:06)
When Emelin went down, I was surprised Beaulieu--not Tinordi--came up to replace him. I could see Beaulieu with his great point shot subbing in for Markov/Subban, but since the Habs needed to replace a physical presence, I would have thought Tinordi would have been a better choice. But I've been wrong before.