RSMember since December 6, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: nobody in particular
All-time favorite player: Flower (honourable mentions: Shutt, Lemaire, Big 3, Dryden, Naslund, McPhee, C. Lemieux, Skrudland, Carbo, Ludwig, Muller)
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-03 14:29:27)
Really, Plekanec was on the ice for the optional skate? Interesting. The rest of those guys have been in and out of the line-up, or recently returned from injuries. Says something about Plek's character and determination, I think.
- Comment on ‘Louis is disappointed for sure,’ Leblanc’s agent says (2013-09-18 10:51:07)
Agreed! 100%. Or this being a hockey site, 110%. It's sad that a debate over a tweet becomes a forum for sexist commentary about the twitter account holder. There is no need for it.
- Comment on A very short honeymoon for Carey Price (2013-08-26 11:48:01)
Sure I think PK should be on the Olympic team. But I care a lot more about the Canadiens than the Canadians, so I'd be happy to see him (and Price) not on the team. There is something to be said for the value of the experience, but I'd rather have a rested and motivated PK (with an "I'll show you" attitude) for the Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators draw first blood … literally (2013-05-02 16:11:51)
Price doesn't have to better than Anderson, but he does have to be competent. Price can't have one of his meltdowns. If he is solid then I like the Habs chances, even if Anderson stands on his head.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Devils (2013-04-23 20:37:32)
Despite knowing better, I'm actually feeling a touch of hope, if not for tonight, for the playoffs. Not that they will win a round. But maybe they can compete a bit.
- Comment on Markov nominated for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (2013-04-22 10:49:51)
What are the odds that Tor beats Fl, TB and the Habs? Being the 3 worst teams in the east right now (with the possible exception of Carolina), I'd say the odds are pretty good. Can the Habs get 3 of 4 points against NJ and Winnipeg? I like the Habs, I like Price, but I'd call that a long shot right now.
- Comment on Markov nominated for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (2013-04-22 10:46:10)
Yes, some have mentioned it. But I'm taking it for granted! Stubbs is still advising people that games 1 and 2 will be in Montreal. I miss the Expos.
- Comment on Markov nominated for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (2013-04-22 10:33:20)
I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning the possibility (likelihood in my books) that the Leafs (3 games against FL, TB and Habs) will pass the Habs (3 games vs NJ, Winn and Leafs) and take 4th place. The Habs could very well start the playoffs in Toronto my friends.
- Comment on Markov nominated for Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (2013-04-22 10:30:35)
No one doubts that it's been a great season! The problem is that they are playing terrible right now. What's their goal differential over the last 5 games? -13 Oh well, they might not win another game this year (regular season or playoff), but it was still a fun year and a big step up from last year.
- Comment on Liveblog: Capitals at Canadiens (2013-04-20 21:51:26)
I hope the Habs can hold on to 4th place in the conference, but I'm not optimistic. The Leafs play TB, Flor and the Habs, three of the worst teams in the conference (at this point).