HabsFansince49 - (Dave White)Member since December 4, 2007
Habs fan since: 1949
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 15:01:19)
Bergevin is beginning to mystify me as much as Therrien does. A 35 yr old squirt (5'10") with a minus -9 for next year's fifth round draft. How many mixed messages are coming out from the GM's office? Here's my prediction for MB's trade deadline move: Kesler for Subban, Markov, Gallaghar, Max-Pac and Emelin. I think he'll keep Price until a better offer comes along such as straight up - Price for the Leafs Reimer. Yes that makes sense.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 08:12:52)
I managed to stay up until 2 am (one of the benefits of retirement) and unlike some posters here I thought our Habs put up a good fight. Yes the size difference is obvious but it wasn't the determining factor in the loss. PK coughed up the puck a few times which as many have pointed out raises questions about his play since returning from Sochi. Eller, much maligned here, has never returned to his form with the EGG line, which btw was exciting hockey. Further, I think he is trying to play his way out of town. Perhaps Galchenyuk and Bournival may want to follow him. After all, boring hockey is now the hallmark of the Habs. We have come a long way (down) since the days of Richard and Beliveau.
- Comment on About this afternoon … (2014-02-02 09:09:58)
Right on the mark! Add to your accurate analysis that a team that is still trying to find the right combination for 3 of its 4 lines in February is a team going nowhere. And I for one am sick of this rebuilding process that started back in 1995 or thereabouts. Now we get the rationalization that MB is a patient man and we have to be patient. In the meantime, we patient fans have to remain loyal and pay premium ticket prices to watch minor league hockey.
- Comment on Michael Farber talks Therrien, Olympics on new HI/O Show (2014-01-29 17:15:14)
I agree. Pretty dumb statement by Farber. Follow his logic and all you need is a cardboard replica behind the bench. The problem with these telecasts is that they usually defend the status quo. I don't think the Habs have a contending team. We can thank years of gross mismanagement for that. But good leadership often on and off the ice brings out the best in players and their play exceeds normal expectations.
- Comment on Bourque to Colorado trade falls through: reports; Leblanc returned to Hamilton (2014-01-28 16:20:22)
We could have thrown in Frankie B., Briere, DD, Moen, Gorges, Gionta.
- Comment on Habs’ Therrien faces heat while Guy Boucher takes coaching job in Switzerland (2014-01-27 14:58:59)
I see by the Stu Cowan post above that there are many radical changes to the Habs lineup. Lots of young blood and everyone playing in their natural positions. Oh Lord! How long will this circus last?
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday to lick their wounds (2014-01-26 10:55:48)
Albert Einstein is alleged to have said that "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Therrien doesn't get it. I am beginning to sense that Bergevin doesn't get it as well.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 21:48:55)
What the hell is Bergevin waiting for? Patience be damned. Perhaps Molson needs to step in and fire the whole lot of this motley crew, GM included.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-19 11:32:03)
You analysis is right on the mark. We are going nowhere until Bergevin wakes up and sees that Therrien and possibly other staff must go. One other point to add to your words why do we bother bringing young guys up if we don't play them? In this case Boone is right on. Mediocre management usually produces mediocre teams.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 49 – Leafs win 5-3, tighten playoff race (2014-01-18 21:49:08)
Bergevin are you awake?