HabsFansince49 - (Dave White)Member since December 4, 2007
Habs fan since: 1949
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-12 06:40:27)
Does anyone know what Habs games can be seen in Nova Scotia via RDS this season? I can't make sense of the media explanations.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-28 11:47:15)
Rather surprised Max-Pac is the photo story when clearly it was Bourque's night
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-26 07:06:47)
Essentially Mike Boone lays most of the blame on how the Habs were managed last night. And I agree. Therrien I know brought the Habs this far, which few expected, but his constant tendency to stay with the old players and bizarre line up combinations largely contributes to the state we're in.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 15:54:48)
Okay now is the time for the guys to pull it together and win for Price. Don't use his injury as an excuse.
- Comment on Bell Centre sells out for fans to watch Game 7 from Boston (2014-05-13 15:03:04)
No one has said much about Eller's goal, which I believe set the tone for the whole game. Thanks to aggressive fore-checking by his line, Boston coughed up the puck and he scored. It's this style as opposed to the "wait for them to come to us" hockey which will enable the Habs to beat the Bruins. Different topic - I have decried the HNIC bias against the Habs, but I have to admit that last night's play-by-play and intermissions were certainly acknowledging the Habs superiority at least in that game. That is until Cherry did his self-righteous Markov analysis. How can you say "Lucic, Marchand and Thornton" in one breath without saying "dirty, idiotic and arse hole"?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 08:53:05)
Losing is bad enough but losing as I watch CBC is deathly. I usually tune in to RDS although I speak no French but last night at a friend's house I was forced to endure the CBC. And we the taxpayers pay for this utter bias crap. Why not move the bloody cooperation to the US?
- Comment on Habs happy to be home with 2-0 series lead (with video) (2014-04-20 08:06:40)
Kadri on HNIC! Should I be surprised with the Leafs media (CBC)? Next up on panel - Phaneuf and Clarkson, Hockey Nuts in Canada.
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 07:21:07)
At the beginning of this season the Hockey Writers predicted: 1. Boston 2. Detroit 3. Montreal (thanks primarily to Price - not far off there) 4. Toronto (But far off here - "This Maple Leafs team is big and physical. It gets even bigger with the addition of David Clarkson") 5. Ottawa 6. Tampa Bay 7. Buffalo 8. Florida Have to love the experts.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 06:57:51)
I have to agree with you Ronn, despite my recent post about the English networks. I should laugh at the comedy instead of getting so pissed off. However, it is, as Mike says below, troubling And what will happen next year with Rogers taking over the world?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 06:53:31)
Mike Boone is right about the HNIC crowd. Last night like other nights I watch the Habs on RDS even when CBC or TSN covers the game. I simply can't stand the English bunch esp. Cherry, Cole and Healey. And I'm not bilingual. And how sweet it is to beat the Leafs and let's not forget the boys were up 2-0 and the Leafs tied the game. But we bounced back. They Leafs tied again on a questionable call on Pleks, and we won.