HabsFansince49 - (Dave White)Member since December 4, 2007
Habs fan since: 1949
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 07:21:07)
At the beginning of this season the Hockey Writers predicted: 1. Boston 2. Detroit 3. Montreal (thanks primarily to Price - not far off there) 4. Toronto (But far off here - "This Maple Leafs team is big and physical. It gets even bigger with the addition of David Clarkson") 5. Ottawa 6. Tampa Bay 7. Buffalo 8. Florida Have to love the experts.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 06:57:51)
I have to agree with you Ronn, despite my recent post about the English networks. I should laugh at the comedy instead of getting so pissed off. However, it is, as Mike says below, troubling And what will happen next year with Rogers taking over the world?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 06:53:31)
Mike Boone is right about the HNIC crowd. Last night like other nights I watch the Habs on RDS even when CBC or TSN covers the game. I simply can't stand the English bunch esp. Cherry, Cole and Healey. And I'm not bilingual. And how sweet it is to beat the Leafs and let's not forget the boys were up 2-0 and the Leafs tied the game. But we bounced back. They Leafs tied again on a questionable call on Pleks, and we won.
- Comment on Price takes part in full practice, but still listed as day-to-day (with video) (2014-03-14 20:09:27)
It's March 14th and we finally have some lines that make sense. Thank God - the EGG line is re-united. Eller seemed pretty excited. Why shouldn't he be, poor guy, after what he has been through - death by poor coaching! But now is the time to move on, MT and all.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-14 08:47:24)
Yes you are right. I like your sucker fans transfer payments argument. I still think the Habs org. has not been operating too effectively, to say the least. And I really don't like Therrien.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-14 08:45:24)
Yes good point thx. Just exaggerating to make a point. I said there may be element of truth.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-14 06:49:58)
Rebuilding process: Montreal 21 years plus; Colorado 1 year plus. Montreal - years of poor management, organizational apathy (e.g. 'we are a storied franchise'), ultra conservative work culture, the language barrier and a series of poor coaches. Colorado - good coach and top draft pick. Too simple perhaps, but an element of truth.
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 12:14:40)
I think you miss my main point. Canadian teams as reflected in those in Team Canada's roster, are not cup contenders and may not be for a long time. That's all
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 10:57:21)
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 10:56:48)
The Habs recent trip out west was a vivid reminder of how far away we are from being a serious cup contender. We may take cold comfort in the fact that no Canadian team is a cup contender, which is a sad commentary on a country that calls hockey its own. Let's look at Team Canada's roster: only Price and PK belong to Canadian teams. There was Luongo, but he just flew south. Imagine only 2 players in the country made the elite team. The rest of the country's best play for the Yanks. At least, Price & PK are with the Habs, but as the western trip revealed, we are not even close. And let's not make the brutal schedule the scapegoat. Nor should we expect Vanek to be the new messiah. There is a long road ahead. Let's hope MB has the mettle to meet the tests.