RadMember since November 16, 2010
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs have best record in NHL after Saturday’s win over Avalanche (2014-10-19 16:12:00)
Nice to see Galchenyuk get 2:43 of power play TOI. In order to succeed, this kid just needs an opportunity.
- Comment on Habs have best record in NHL after Saturday’s win over Avalanche (2014-10-19 16:05:20)
Calvin Pickard on the 2nd Subban goal: "You see him on TV all the time and he's a special talent, and you saw that on the third goal — he dangled me pretty good"
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Bruins’ Lucic fined $5,000 by NHL (2014-10-17 13:33:42)
As good a player as Lucic is, he is equal parts a poor sport and lacking in class. It's fine to play with an edge, in fact it's an advantage to play that way in the NHL, but Lucic is a cardboard character. Like a WWF villain, he is a caricature of himself. His unpredictablility, his emotional outbursts and uneven mental composition lead me to think he is, or has been, using steroids for a long time. He went from about 200 lbs. to around 235 in fairly short order.
- Comment on Habs send Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-15 17:36:46)
Yup, sorry about that. I will repost tomorrow :)
- Comment on Habs send Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-15 17:34:41)
Never mind, I just realized the game is tomorrow night, lol.
- Comment on Habs will have plenty to work on at practice (2014-10-15 01:10:42)
The game was over at the 10 min. mark of the 1st Period. The Kings just coasted the rest of the way. This one was all L.A.
- Comment on Habs get day off after blowout in Tampa (2014-10-14 12:55:47)
You're kidding, right? Holland went to Winnipeg in the Tangradi deal, Palushaj hasn't been with the Habs for over a year and half. And aren't you the one who was touting Bourque for PP duty with the Habs?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-14 00:37:02)
Denis Gauthier's idea of trading for a blueliner doesn't make any sense at all. Bergevin traded AWAY a blueliner, remember? What are the Habs supposed to do, give up 2 Second Round draft picks for a Johnny Boychuk after getting one Second Rounder back for Josh Gorges? Bergevin said rightly that he had to make room for the youngsters. He also said that the team might take a step back in the short term while these guys develop. It's called retooling on the fly -- staying competitive while developing prospects. That's the master plan, and it seems to be on schedule.
- Comment on Habs looking for fourth straight win in Tampa; Plekanec NHL’s first star of week (2014-10-13 14:31:58)
Mitch Brown's prospect updates are more informative than Robert Rice's. Here's what he had to say about Artturi Lehkonen's work this past week: "Lehkonen currently leads Frölunda HC in goals with four, and sits second in points with seven. It’s early, but as of right now Lehkonen looks a like star player for Frölunda HC. His combination of skill, determination, and smarts makes him one of Montreal’s top prospects and arguably the top under-20 forward currently in the Swedish Hockey League." On the flip side, Brown mentions that Brett Lernout had a sub-par 2nd week after a good effort the previous week: "After a productive first week, Lernout was unable to crack the scoresheet. -Struggled against Kelowna (Oct. 7); burned multiple times, struggled with puck control, generally played a sloppy game. -Finished the week against Tri-City (Oct. 11), played a solid game." http://www.allaboutthehabs.ca/prospect-update-oct-6-12/
- Comment on A day off Sunday in Tampa for unbeaten Habs (2014-10-12 13:44:40)
McCarron will get a look in that role by the end of next year.