RadMember since November 16, 2010
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-20 00:06:42)
It's disappointing to read Kovalev's comments. You will rarely hear professionals publicly criticize other professionals in the same sport. There is an honor system in play there, since they all know the hard work and sacrifice that goes into being a professional athlete. For Kovalev to criticize a player of Subban's talent and stature tells us more about Kovalev than it does about Subban.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 13:12:49)
I am pretty sure Markov will be the next captain. He gets the C by process of elimination, simply because there is no other suitable candidate at the moment. Gallager is too young. Prust is too marginal. Pacioretty is not a leader. Pleks is too quiet and uninspirational, both in his demeanour and his play. Subban is the real leader of the team already but he may be too flamboyant for the conservative Habs brass to anoint as captain this early in his career. It is also possible that no captain will be appointed this year, in which case 3 Alternates will rotate, probably Markov, Pleks, and Subban. Prust might be given an "A" but never the "C."
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 21:31:17)
Exactly. Not to mention what a great player he is, from the hockey perspective. I doubt there was any disagreement between Bergevin and Molson.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 20:44:40)
It's a moot point really, which is why I call it a "non-statement."
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 19:42:18)
Todd's contention that Molson was involved in the Subban signing is pretty much a non-statement IMO. OF COURSE Molson was involved, how could he not be. And he didn't "just" get involved at the end, he was an integral part of the negotiation throughout the long process. Subban said so himself in his conference call after the deal was done, when he mentioned that he had held numerous conversations with Bergevin and Molson all along. Subban also said that in the end everyone was happy, including Molson, Bergevin, and Therrien. The notion that Subban "won" the negotiation is false; it was classic negotiation and conflict resolution that ended up Win/Win for all parties, including ownership, management, the player, and the fans.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-10 14:13:24)
Looked like a fairly even tilt. Gleason with the takedown.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-10 12:33:50)
Hi Hobie. I think elite may be stretching it. Although a fairly good skater, he doesn't seem to have the puck-handling ability to be considered elite. How about he becomes a "good" shutdown D-man?
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-09 15:37:14)
I like Markov for captain. The old geezer has certainly been around long enough. It will give the surly old fart some added responsibility, and he just might thrive with it.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 09:55:28)
I like your combos.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 09:35:26)
Parenteau will likely start off with Desharnais and Pacioretty, and then get moved on a line with Pleks the moment he fails to score. We know Therrien will juggle his lines throughout the season. Gilbert will probably play the bulk of his minutes with Emelin on the other side. I see Subban and Markov as a regular duo to start the season. Malhotra will see duty with Wiese, Prust, Bournival, and/or Travis "The Forgotten Man Hands of Stone" Moen.