RadMember since November 16, 2010
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs’ top pick Scherbak shines in Bell Centre debut (2014-09-23 04:10:46)
Nikita Scherbak is going to be a very good player in this league for a long time. Congrats to Trevor Timmins and the Habs scouting team -- this kid was a great find for the Habs at #26.
- Comment on Parenteau scores twice in Habs’ second scrimmage (2014-09-21 12:20:21)
You're right Ronn, that trade is looking like a steal for the Habs. Parenteau came to camp motivated and in great shape, and he's getting a good look on a line with his buddy David Desharnais. The 4th Rounder is just icing on the cake.
- Comment on Parenteau scores twice in Habs’ second scrimmage (2014-09-21 11:48:44)
WooHoo, Parenteau with the rebound off a Nygren howitzer.
- Comment on Parenteau scores twice in Habs’ second scrimmage (2014-09-21 11:46:36)
Speaking of Sekac, with Plekanec taking on a mentoring role with the youngster, I doubt Pleks will get moved this year: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=462261
- Comment on Parenteau scores twice in Habs’ second scrimmage (2014-09-21 11:37:32)
Josh Gorges sighting at the Sunday scrimmage. He changed the spelling on his last name this year to SEKAC.
- Comment on Let’s get physical: Habs open training camp (2014-09-19 03:53:27)
The Bouillon "try-out" is indeed a head-scratcher, even more so when you consider the 3 up and coming D-men from Hamilton that Bergevin himself said we had to make room for, when he discussed the Josh Gorges trade to Buffalo. I was also surprised when Bergevin re-signed Weaver, for the same reason. Mike, as good a character guy as he is, is getting a little long in the tooth. The most sense that I can make of these 2 moves is that Bergevin knows better than us that injuries will likely take out some of our D-men for extended periods of time during the season, thus requiring back-up.
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 17:49:22)
I have a good appreciation for Gilbert's game. I was quite surprised last year, when Gilbert was available so late, and then signed by the Panthers to a paltry 1-year deal for peanuts. By all accounts he had a good season with Florida, so he was an excellent signing this Summer for the Habs. I think Hab fans are going to like this guy. He is going to be this year's Dale Weise: an above-average pickup at a reasonable price and term, who will look better in Montreal than he did elsewhere.
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 02:47:58)
So apparently Ryan Johansen left Columbus Wednesday after rejecting 3 separate offers from the Blue Jackets. Here's a direct quote from La Presse: "Jarmo Kekäläinen said they had offered a two-season deal worth USD 6 million, another six years and $ 32 million and last eight years and 46 million. They were all rejected by Johansen."
- Comment on Habs’ rookie camp wraps up as Scherbak gets in scrimmage (2014-09-16 22:29:51)
Looks like Ryan Johansen's camp is playing hardball with the Blue Jackets, and John Davidson is none too happy about it, calling it "extortion" ... http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/09/davidson-its-extortion.html
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-16 14:21:14)
Tuned in and saw the last 5 mins of the scrimmage/fight. Cute little scrap between Imama and Nevins. Not much harm done, though Nevins appeared to be favoring his shoulder afterwards on the bench. I suspect Lernout with his reach could take out either one of these two in a real scrap.