RadMember since November 16, 2010
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a nailbiter (2015-01-29 19:06:51)
If Bergevin does trade Eller this year, my guess is that it will be to Edmonton ... something like Eller and Tinordi for Yak and a pick.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-27 11:01:47)
I think the Oilers will go after Boychuk in a big way. He's an Edmonton boy and he obviously fills an area of need. With Boychuk and Darnell Nurse on D, Klefbom coming on, Draisaitl a year older, and possibly McDavid in the Draft, the Oilers could be a much improved team next year. They've been playing better of late under Todd Nelson.
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-22 16:45:56)
Speaking of the Winnipeg Jets, I ran across this story by stats guy Travis Yost on what the Jets may/should do to shore up their 3rd and 4th line depth. Interesting also is how Yost ranks Brendan Gallagher from a stats perspective: http://www.tsn.ca/strong-jets-team-could-still-improve-forward-depth-1.189133
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-22 13:35:58)
Winnipeg Jets having a great season. With 4 of their top defensemen missing significant time with injuries, they are still only 1 point behind the Habs in the overall standings. And now Trouba and Bogosian are back and playing big minutes. The Jets are a force: big, tough, talented. Michael Hutchinson has fixed their biggest problem. They were talking him up for the all-star game.
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-22 13:24:24)
Not sure if this has been posted re: the AHL all-star game. Hudon picked to represent the Dogs. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ahl-announces-2015-all-star-classic-rosters/
- Comment on Liveblog: P.K. the hero in OT win (2015-01-20 20:11:04)
Not much offense. This is going to be a 1-0 or 2-1 game.
- Comment on Liveblog: P.K. the hero in OT win (2015-01-20 19:25:10)
Tough match-up tonight against one of the top teams in the league this year. Nashville has one hell of a defense led by Shea Weber, and Seth Jones will soon be an all-star caliber defenseman. Even without Rinne, it will be tough to score on them. Up front the Preds are just average, so the Habs might have a small edge there. Habs with the home crowd, will be extremely motivated to win this one tonight against the # 1 team in the standings. Should be a great game.
- Comment on Islanders vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski gets start as Price sidelined with upper-body injury (2015-01-17 13:07:58)
The article says they need a right-handed D-man, so Tom Gilbert?
- Comment on Islanders vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski gets start as Price sidelined with upper-body injury (2015-01-17 13:00:06)
DD is not on that list because there is not the demand for him that there is for Eller.
- Comment on Islanders vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski gets start as Price sidelined with upper-body injury (2015-01-17 12:54:28)
There is no question Myers will attract a lot of suitors on the trade front if the Sabres do in fact decide to trade him.