samMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1980s
Favorite current player: Price, Subban
All-time favorite player: Roy.
the whiners are insane.
- Comment on About this afternoon … (2014-02-13 22:35:41)
this about Price clearly leaving the puck for his D. he (Pietrangelo, you say?) was coming behind the net but seemed to turn back into the corner as if thinking Price was going to pass it back to him. miscommunication in a first game. nothing more. i'm sure the coaching staff aren't losing sleep over it.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 13:37:21)
there you go.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 13:32:49)
the rebuild, imo, started way back with Gainey keeping Price, cutting Halak and getting Eller.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 13:30:47)
same here. maybe they know Murray is coming back by next week so, in the meantime, they want Tinordi to work on some things down in Hamilton for his next call-up? Beaulieu would only be a spot-filler in that case. it's my take anyway. Beaulieu looks like a Junior out there. nothing wrong with it because he's a kid but Tinordi has looked far more stable, stronger and defensively sound--things Beaulieu is not :)
- Comment on Wisniewski – The view from Long Island (2010-12-30 10:30:13)
those 3,000 are the boobirds. so, no. :)
- Comment on Pat Burns funeral Nov. 29 in Montreal (2010-11-21 14:44:54)
you got two emotional extremes right there. of course different people are gonna call different things.
- Comment on The reverse-jinx is alive! (2010-11-09 22:53:09)
the empty-netter from the blueline, plus another empty net -from the crease!- a few seconds later :)
hope it makes the highlight reels tomorrow!
- Comment on Philly awaits before all-star break (2011-01-23 23:49:43)
Halpern must be coming back, then. Engqvist's a centre, White a right wing.
- Comment on Audio: Brian Gionta named captain (2010-09-29 13:09:12)
in this case, he also spoiled a very big Habs news item.
btw, he didn't break any news on the matter. folks knew about Gio's captaincy weeks before Gagnon decided to "break" the news. Habs had to scramble because he'd just put a wrench in their timeline. he apparently didn't make any friends on the team that day.
reporting on future news -especially something that has no real consequence on our well-being right now (re: political scandals, etc) as, say, the captaincy of a hockey team before training camp- has more to do with attention-seeking and gossiping than actual proper, well-respected journalism. add the fact that the news was broken on a few blogs weeks before Gagnon even wrote his column (and that 95% of Habs fans already had a gut feeling he was the obvious choice) also points me to the annoying friend theory.
that being said: congrats on officially being the Montreal Canadiens Captain, Gio ! :)
- Comment on Draft week begins with a stroll down memory lane (2010-06-21 11:31:35)
dollar for dollar, i'm better than Laps, then!
i'll still take Gomez over Laps any day of the week. thanks.