HabsWatcherMember since December 1, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Press review (2008-11-07 09:38:49)
Laraque does have a role on this team - he's the self-satisfied former heavyweight terror resting on his laurels.
- Comment on A win and some cuts (2008-10-01 13:04:21)
did Hamrlik die?
- Comment on About last night … (2008-02-20 10:18:12)
Well, two trades actually - Ryder & Begin. Interesting to see the new three amigos (the 3 'major' free agent signings from last summer) all watching from the pressbox - where they should have been for most of the season.
- Comment on O’Byrne, Brisebois in, Hamrlik, Kostopoulos out (2008-02-12 13:18:32)
For the life of me I can not understand why Begin is constantly in and out of the line-up. He play his position well, works his butt off, and plays a physical game. He is a perfect 4th line guy and should be in the line-up every game.
- Comment on Kostitsyn the Younger called up (2007-12-13 11:31:43)
Thanks for the (painful-because-it-has-a-grain-of-truth) laugh!
- Comment on Dandenault’s turn on the No. 1 line (2007-12-10 13:38:35)
UPDATE After considerable thought and soul-searching, Bob Gainey today called the fire department to put out a fire in his office at the Bell Centre. The fire has been burning for a week.
- Comment on Dandenault’s turn on the No. 1 line (2007-12-10 13:21:07)
The forward lines ought to be based on logical centre-wing pairs: Koivu & Kovalev (Koivu obviously needs some help carrying/controlling the puck and Kovalev could help with that) Plekanec & Kostitsyn (simialr speed and seem, most nights, to be on the same page) Higgins & Chipchura (both very smart & good cycling the puck - should be able to mesh well together) Lapierre & Begin/Dandenault (good 4th line pair - both have speed and can forecheck) As for the 3rd member of each trio, I'd put Latendresse with Koivu/Kovalev (he'd at least be able to keep up with the them), Ryder with Chipchura/Higgins, Kostopolous with Plekanec/Kostitsyn, and Smolinski/Streit with Lapierre/? On defense, Gorges should be playing ahead of Brisebois, Boillion, & Streit.
- Comment on He might be here for a while … (2007-12-06 17:48:26)
One problem is that the GM is borderline-autistic and REALLY dislikes significant change. This team needs some fire - from the GM on down. I say Roy for GM & coach. He may be inexperienced at the NHL level but at least he has a passion for the game and a fire to succeed, not stagnate.
- Comment on Ryder, Brisebois, Gorges scratched tonight (2007-12-06 16:43:36)
- Comment on Ryder, Brisebois, Gorges scratched tonight (2007-12-06 12:53:00)
What in the world does Gorges have to do to get a fair shot on this team? I've watched most games this year, and every gaem he's played, and he's ALWAYS player better than Boullion. Oh wait, maybe it's because the Cube (the Pylon, more like it), makes approximatley 4x Gorges salary. Playing contracts, for the most part (for another example, compare anyone to see Smolinski).