GrimJim - (Jim Greer)Member since November 30, 2007
Habs fan since: birth
Favorite current player: None (tired of jinxing people)
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 15:24:56)
Tyler seguin's second contract was six years. So was Eberle, Hall, Tyler Myers and Nugent-Hopkins (and Mikko Koivu's second was four years). If I'm Chucky's agent I'm trying to get a four year minimum deal out of MB. If MB refuses to play ball, I accept the one-year qualifiying offer making Chucky arbitration eligible next year. Just because the Habs want it doesn't mean it's the only way.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 14:44:31)
I think there is another factor colouring the Habs arbitration offer. Whatever Eller gets will be the first comparable used when Chucky's and Gally's agents knock on MB door next summer. Odds are good those two will have better numbers than Eller next year, so if Eller is making $3 mill (or $4 mill), what does Chucky and Gally get?
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 16:20:26)
Remember, Royal Montreal is the first pro course that Tiger missed the cut at (1997 Canadian Open and that was the good Tiger, not the injured one)
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 16:15:15)
I'm trying to decide if Laura Dern as Bruce Dern's love interest is the ultimate in creepy or the ultimate in Lynchian...
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 14:29:28)
Local Hero is full of weird minor characters. The Scottish assistant who's trying to seduce a mermaid; the innkeeper who's also the town's accountant, and taxi driver on Sundays; the taxi cab that you only ever see when the main character is trying to cross the road... And it has one of the best punch lines in a movie: -I'll have a glass of the 42-year-old whiskey, Danny. I'm sorry Mr. Mac we've left that back at the bar tonight. -Okay, I'll have 4 glasses of 8-year-old and a 10-year-old Aye, that'll work.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 18:11:03)
Absolutely, there are problems with exclusionary practices in private golf clubs but a misrepresentation of the facts of the origin of the word is a misrepresentation of the facts of the origin of the word. The constitution of the St. Andrews golf club proves that there was systemic societal discrimination based on gender, not that the word was a misogynistic acronym.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 16:59:33)
I loved the Royal mile walk up the hill to Edinburgh Castle.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 16:48:03)
And just because I can't let anything go... http://www.scottishgolfhistory.org/origin-of-golf-terms/golf/
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-21 14:42:19)
I don't think he's eligible to play in the AHL next season. Besides they signed McCarron last summer and Fucale last fall then sent both back to juniors, so it doesn't mean he's ready to move up per se.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-20 20:21:00)
Gee-Gee is also British slang for a horse