Adam - (Adam Kovac)Member since November 28, 2007
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: Gotta love Pleks.
All-time favorite player: Too many to list
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 24 – Canadiens beat powerhouse Penguins 3-2 (2013-11-23 21:52:47)
They're ruining the tank by being good. Does this team just not get that you have to lose to win?!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 21:04:08)
Is it just me or is Chris Lee actually calling a decent game?
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-18 08:34:12)
Ed, I have to disagree with you. Why is this guy on the cover of Rolling Stone? Because it is a vital story. This lunatic was homegrown. An as we've sadly seen in the last few years, he isn't the only mad man with access to weaponry in the US. Understanding his history is not glorification. It's simply that - understanding. Saying they should have put the victims or rescue workers on the cover is missing the point. That story should, and has, been written. But there is a very dark side to that bombing, and it needs to be examined as well.
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-15 20:43:11)
Ugh, absolutely not. Hate that baseball does this - gives way too much importance to a glorified exhibition game that is really just a chance to coddle some corporate sponsors and make the kids happy.
- Comment on Habs development camp kicks off in Brossard (Video) (2013-07-04 00:04:37)
You know, I wish I could say I was surprised at the levels of overreaction I've seen in the last few days, but then I recall the insanity that occurred when the Habs traded Cedric Desjardins, that future franchise goalie, and I just cry softly to myself.
- Comment on Habs development camp kicks off in Brossard (Video) (2013-07-03 21:11:48)
*Slow clap, gradually increasing in speed and intensity to a standing ovation*
- Comment on Habs trade Danny Kristo to Rangers; Lecavalier going to Flyers (2013-07-02 20:30:27)
Again, why would another GM send a skilled, sized asset for Danny Kristo? The only way Habs were getting bigger on this deal is if they traded for a guy with far less skill than Kristo, and seeing as how Kristo has yet to crack an NHL lineup, you'd basically be getting a guaranteed career NHLer. Seriously, complaining about this deal making Habs smaller is like complaining that Bergevin has yet to master alchemy.
- Comment on Habs trade Danny Kristo to Rangers; Lecavalier going to Flyers (2013-07-02 20:23:18)
My fearless prediction: Weber will be in the KHL in a year or two. I never thought he was anything other than just OK on the powerplay, which was his supposed strength. Wouldn't have gotten anything from him in a straight-up deal, and was useless as a throw-in in a larger trade: who needs a guy like him taking up a roster spot?
- Comment on Habs trade Danny Kristo to Rangers; Lecavalier going to Flyers (2013-07-02 20:14:40)
Look at the context: Philly is up against the cap, has a defence that is questionable at best, and no goalie. This is money they needed to spend in other areas. Vinny better be an offensive dynamo, because only way Philly wins games this year is by scores of 6-5.
- Comment on Habs trade Danny Kristo to Rangers; Lecavalier going to Flyers (2013-07-02 20:08:58)
They got one inch smaller! How is this even an issue? I've never seen Kristo play, but I have yet to see a scouting report that has the words "physical" or "goes to the net" anywhere in there. Thomas' scouting reports say he's actually willing to do that. So what the hell is all this "Habs got smaller" BS everyone keeps spouting? It's a lateral move at worst, and I'm not even going to mention the rumours about Kristo's attitude. It's like everyone here got nostalgic for the good old days of Sergei Kostitsyn and Grabovski.