Adam - (Adam Kovac)Member since November 28, 2007
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: Gotta love Pleks.
All-time favorite player: Too many to list
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 13:04:01)
Disagree. The Habs were missing the playoffs consistently around that time. It might not have been intentional tanking, but it was tanking none the less.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 10:26:30)
Only in Montreal is consistently making the playoffs seen as a curse. Oh, how we long for those days of real sucking! We tanked hard in the 90s and glory was ours! Wait, that doesn't sound right...
- Comment on Budaj gets start for Habs against Flyers (2014-01-08 14:22:52)
I'm thinking it's an effort to save cap space, especially if Bergevin is looking at a trade.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-03 11:31:25)
I think it has to do with race, but it's not overt racism. It's not like the brain trust sits down and says "Well, he's black, so we can't have him on the team." I think the way PK is perceived in general is tinged by the colour of his skin, though. If he acted the exact same way and was white, he would definitely be perceived differently. His goal celebrations wouldn't be thought of as slightly negative "flamboyance," it would be "exuberance." His talking a lot would be enthusiasm, not disrespect for the game. The way PK is perceived is different, and I think that's on a subconscious level. We still have a long way to go when it comes to race in this country, but unlike the 1950s, the racism is much more subtle, and it's not necessarily on a conscious level.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 24 – Canadiens beat powerhouse Penguins 3-2 (2013-11-23 21:52:47)
They're ruining the tank by being good. Does this team just not get that you have to lose to win?!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 21:04:08)
Is it just me or is Chris Lee actually calling a decent game?
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-18 08:34:12)
Ed, I have to disagree with you. Why is this guy on the cover of Rolling Stone? Because it is a vital story. This lunatic was homegrown. An as we've sadly seen in the last few years, he isn't the only mad man with access to weaponry in the US. Understanding his history is not glorification. It's simply that - understanding. Saying they should have put the victims or rescue workers on the cover is missing the point. That story should, and has, been written. But there is a very dark side to that bombing, and it needs to be examined as well.
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-15 20:43:11)
Ugh, absolutely not. Hate that baseball does this - gives way too much importance to a glorified exhibition game that is really just a chance to coddle some corporate sponsors and make the kids happy.
- Comment on Habs development camp kicks off in Brossard (Video) (2013-07-04 00:04:37)
You know, I wish I could say I was surprised at the levels of overreaction I've seen in the last few days, but then I recall the insanity that occurred when the Habs traded Cedric Desjardins, that future franchise goalie, and I just cry softly to myself.
- Comment on Habs development camp kicks off in Brossard (Video) (2013-07-03 21:11:48)
*Slow clap, gradually increasing in speed and intensity to a standing ovation*