habscout - (normand szcyrek)Member since November 27, 2007
Habs fan since: birth [41+ years]
Favorite current player: Mike Cammalleri
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 4 – Bruins win 1-0 in OT, tie series (2014-05-08 19:49:42)
I'm not seeing any of Mike's comments. Is everyone else seeing them? All I see is this: "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied....bla,bla,bla"
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 16 – St. Louis wins in Shootout, Canadiens set shot-blocking record (2013-11-05 21:08:40)
Amen! Most of what Ferraro says about the Habs is negative, and I'm not talking about the plays on the ice. I'm pretty sure he's played on a few teams that lost to the Habs in the playoffs during his career.
- Comment on Welcome to the “Knuckles Korner”! (2013-10-27 11:33:53)
Good show guys ! Great to see Knuckles join the group too.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 4: Canadiens 4 – Edmonton 1 (2013-10-10 22:08:56)
Why is Josh Gorges playing? I would rather see a rookie like Tinordi making mistakes because he's going to learn from them and improve. Gorges makes the same mistakes over and over, and gets more icetime.
- Comment on Liveblog: Flyers at Canadiens (2013-02-16 20:24:33)
I just noticed that Emelin is no longer wearing the cage shield. Is this new for tonight's game, or did he start wearing it in a previous game?
- Comment on Liveblog: Leafs at Canadiens (2013-02-09 21:52:51)
- Comment on Bergevin is GM; Gomez unaware of a buyout (2012-05-02 14:38:08)
Good news about the Bergevin hiring! He's one of my top 2 choices for the job. Now, for the Gomez rumour. Unless he passed a team physical or received the team doctor's clearance, he *cannot* be bought out during this off-season. That's a condition in the current CBA where a player that is injured and on the IRL cannot be bought out from their contract. I covered this in my article in Habsworld last month. http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2762
- Comment on About this season … (2012-04-08 10:26:21)
Unfortunately, the Habs are officially stuck with Gomez in terms of his cap hit, until *at least* the start of training camp. Since he ended the season on the IR, he cannot be bought out; that's a clause in the CBA. So, the Habs will miss out on the dates during the off season when they are eligible to buy him out. Once he is deemed healthy, then he can be put on waivers then demoted to the minors. That is assuming the next CBA can be worked out before the start of training camp. The only good news is that I believe the Habs insurance will cover some of Gomez' salary.
- Comment on Markov activated (2012-03-10 15:59:51)
I have to wonder if the Habs were not able to get insurance on Markov's knee injury for his latest stint on the IR, because this was an "pre-existing condition". I thought NHL teams could only insure players against injuries they didn't already have, or had in the past. If I'm correct, then Molson's had to pay Markov's salary directly out of their own pockets. Does anyone know exactly how this works ?
- Comment on Is veteran Gill about to be a healthy scratch? (2012-01-19 17:48:03)
Very interesting stats. Thanks for sharing.