Shane1313 - (Shane Thompson)Member since October 28, 2010
Habs fan since: 1992
Favorite current player: PK/Gorges/Markov/Max/Carey
All-time favorite player: Koivu/Sakic/Roy
- Comment on Preseason Game 3: Bulldogs edge Avs in QC (2014-09-27 00:05:32)
Would be nice if he could make that jump. Subban- Tinordi Markov - Emelin Gilbert - Weaver/Beaulieu
- Comment on Preseason Game 3: Bulldogs edge Avs in QC (2014-09-26 23:08:41)
So it seems like we have depth up front and there will be some competition. But as some of you pointed out with Gilbert hasn't looked his best. So now what do we do for our defence pairings? Therrien had Emelin with Subby last game, but then Markov with who. The thing is Markov and Emelin play well together, but PK was always good with Gorges. Now they could play Markov and PK together, but I don't think that's viable long-term because you want to run PK at 26mins a game and up, so the guy that's paired with him has to be good to for that and I'd rather not make Markov do that. So what do the pairings look like?
- Comment on Bourque will return to Habs’ lineup against Coyotes (2013-12-17 13:11:53)
It seems like it. That's why I think guys like Eller, Galchy and PK should have free reign and be able to carry more. The dump and chase all the time stifles their confidence
- Comment on Bourque will return to Habs’ lineup against Coyotes (2013-12-17 13:10:35)
Ya no doubt for Bourque. I just think it's a confidence thing with Eller, remember when they mentioned he sees a sports psych. And he got married when he was 19, haha maybe that's looking into it a lot. But he's a different kid, and when you see him play physical and fast - he can be scary. Hopefully he gets consistent.
- Comment on Bourque will return to Habs’ lineup against Coyotes (2013-12-17 13:00:22)
Pumped for the game tonight. Anyone else think Eller should be in a better position than 3rd line center? I really would want to see him get more ice time than Desharnais, I wonder when that will happen. I feel like he would peak if he was given the confidence and the position.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 35 – Again, too little too late as Panthers win 2-1 (2013-12-15 20:54:34)
I'd like to win the division, but the playoffs are a different season. I'll be happy when they win some series'. Even if they don't, there are 30 teams, I just like them to play more good hockey then bad. I enjoy seeing a team with potential and that has a chance of winning it all. I just think people forget that every single team has games like we've had this week. They almost all go through scorelless streaks, winless streaks, but we forget that.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 35 – Again, too little too late as Panthers win 2-1 (2013-12-15 20:50:30)
I get it. There are issues, but none are something we can't get over. Desharnais even though he picked up, he doesn't seem like he has a place. Briere is sort of useless. Gallagher seems tired. I personally haven't like what I've seen from Gorges and Emelin of late. And for me, Eller needs to be put in a #1 center role. Max needs to pick it up but he also needs to be on a top line. It sucks it's a grind, but the playoffs are really what it comes down to. The rest is tweaking
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 35 – Again, too little too late as Panthers win 2-1 (2013-12-15 20:44:32)
Forget the month of November. This team sucks and always will!!!!!!! Said everyone here....
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 35 – Again, too little too late as Panthers win 2-1 (2013-12-15 20:42:16)
I don't for the life of me understand the incredible negativity surrounding the team at all times. I've been content with the team so far. We went on an insane roll. 19pts out of a possible 20. We've slowed of late. But we're still in a pretty good position. I don't understand why the expectation is always for us to be at the top. We have a great team, it's a long season. It certainly takes the fun away from reading any comments because 90% are bad. Odd
- Comment on Habs get well-deserved day off on Sunday (2013-11-24 23:26:19)
The future looks bright. When Eller turns it around, it will be great becaus he is the future #1 center of this team and that will be a Cup team. Eller, Patches and Galchy will lead the way up front