Old Bald BirdMember since November 22, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-18 07:29:35)
MM does his job, but using your logic of how important he is, we should keep him forever. You make him seem absolutely vital.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-17 07:49:30)
If he were a winger, he wouldn't be playing with Pacs.
- Comment on Habs brighten the day for sick kids in hospital (2014-12-16 10:45:26)
I think I would be a a heap if I were a Hab after this visit.
- Comment on Habs brighten the day for sick kids in hospital (2014-12-16 10:43:20)
Just thinking that this is the kind of mentorship that Edmonton might be interested in, and I think we can now afford to give up Pleks.
- Comment on Habs brighten the day for sick kids in hospital (2014-12-16 10:02:53)
Would you give up Pleks+ for Hall? +Weaver or even +Markov for example I know no trade clauses. Just saying.
- Comment on ‘Our Dinner With Jean Béliveau’ (2014-12-13 19:02:27)
WRT the story, please make it stop. I don't want to choke up anymore. K?
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-12 11:46:58)
How do you know that, Cal? He was pretty darn good before, and with 3 years experience, he would have been better regardless. To me, it's one of those assertions that we repeat but doesn't make a lot of sense. Sorry to put it that blunt way. I don't mean to be nasty.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-12 11:24:14)
I guess what I question is how other teams can live with rookie mistakes and not us. Yes, I know Montreal is a different sort of beast, but sometimes the stick seems to be applied awfully liberally and the carrot not so much. I know that Edmonton is at the other end of the extreme, but perhaps there is some sort of middle ground? I am simply not convinced that it is best practice to keep N8, for example, on tenterhooks for so long. He looked good enough last spring that you'd think that should have bought him at least a little vet consideration this fall. I know there are future cap implications and all that this year, but I think we are also discussing the general mindset of the organization. I am not convinced that it is where it should be. The mantra that goes, "You can never spend too much time in the A," just doesn't convince me.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-12 09:44:57)
"Players like Malhotra (at this stage in his career) have limited abilities." Which is why we are having this discussion. How long do you keep him and at what point do you move on? I think these are legit questions, which is basically the point that Krob is raising. So, maybe no one should get their undies in a knot over having the discussion.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-12 09:40:31)
I dunno, MR. By some standards, very few of our D deserve to stay. IMO there is a fine line between being ready and being completely ready. It seems as though 'being ready' for some means playing like an all star the moment you arrive. One expects certain growth pains and we must ask ourselves what is the acceptable breakoff point.