Old Bald BirdMember since November 22, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-20 12:09:21)
I think last season, an assistant coach said that they were trying to turn PK from a running back into a quarterback. Not sure that is the way to go. Maybe he should become a running back who is a pass threat? WRT comments about PK playing at his best with Markov last year. I saw it as the other way around -- Markov was at his best when playing with PK.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 19:22:29)
Dear Kovy At least PK cares and puts in maximum effort. You? Not so much. OBB
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-15 16:56:16)
I am late to the party, but I'd like to chirp in on the Ottawa Arena from the discussion below. Yes, it's on the western side of the city. But the city is a small one. I can't imagine that it would take too many people more than a half hour to drive there. For most it's probably a shorter trip than to a centrally placed arena in a bigger city. IMO the Ottawa problem is market size, plus the fact that I can't imagine that too many francophone fans would forsake the Habs, thus compounding the market size problem. I really don't think the arena location is the difficulty although people keep bringing it up.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 20:12:12)
Oh gosh, this made me spit my drink out.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 20:11:25)
I won't disagree on the whole, but when people say "easily" the best or "not even close" (not you), I kind go "hmm, can we think about this modifier?" Anyway, he's ours, he's great, he's a game changer, and he's colourful, so I must prefer PK.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 09:12:02)
I don't so much mind winter, but that was a long one for sure. Even the short ones are longer than I like. Two months would be just about right.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 15:55:36)
I shouldn't have bit on that Sun article. First, it's the Sun. Second, it's the Ottawa Sun.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 15:47:47)
It's whether you want to keep him or not. Most of us do, but it's fine if you don't.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 09:36:46)
Contract negotiations are always about $ but they are not usually all about $. In PK's case, I think it is what the $ signify as much as the amount. We humans all want to feel the love and respect. From Basu: "I think that it sends a strong message to me that they want me here and they appreciate everything I've done to this point and they believe in me as a player," Subban said. "I think I've always believed that, but obviously in this process and coming out with this result, now everybody else understands it and can see it as well and doesn't have to speculate about how the Montreal Canadiens feel about me."
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 07:54:16)