Old Bald BirdMember since November 22, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 17:26:17)
(1) He's not great on faceoffs. In fact I am almost ecstatic when he wins a critical faceoff in his own end. (2) Why does he have to stop scoring if placed on wing?
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 17:23:23)
It depends how we define late. There are almost unavoidable hits made just after release. But there are now many hits that aren't really even initiated until after release. Call them whatever you want but they serve no purpose other than intimidation. I can't see much justification for this type of hitting.
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 13:50:32)
I get this criticism, but not many sorties into enemy territory are successful anyway. If we get three goals per game, we're pretty happy. So, we might ask how many of whatever results in goals: shots from the point, digging the puck out of the corner, passing the puck to someone in the slot, even shots on the net. So Lars makes one of these forays maybe every third game, and it becomes a big deal? I am sure that he could be more effective, but this could be said of almost every player. I think we just notice these particular Lars' events because they are ... well ... noticeable.
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 12:13:21)
The upside to his stickhandling escapades is that at least the other team doesn't have the puck.
- Comment on Bozon scores goal in Habs’ rookie scrimmage (2014-09-15 09:08:56)
Canadiens Montréal @CanadiensMTL 3m Canadiens name Andrei Markov, Tomas Plekanec, Max Pacioretty and P.K. Subban assistants for the 2014-15 season.
- Comment on Habs will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 on Nov. 8 at Bell Centre (2014-09-12 14:36:44)
I guess GL was my fave of the Big 3. When the Habs really needed a goal, he had a way of bringing energy and making things happen.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 09:52:14)
That got my eyes a little moist.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 08:34:31)
I think most of us would consider both Tinordi and Beaulieu to be rookies.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 16:18:42)
When Eller mentioned long distance running not being the best training for hockey, it brings to mind reading about Gilles Tremblay many many years ago. He was disappointed one training camp after he had run a lot during the summer but wasn't keeping up all that well in training camp. Pretty sure I am remembering this right.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 10:40:15)
When I watch him play, I immediately think of Guy.