sulham44 - (Jason)Member since April 28, 2010
Habs fan since: 1980
Favorite current player: Can't choose just one
All-time favorite player: How can you choose just one
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-30 13:30:34)
Thanks to Boone and the HIO team for another great season of coverage. You make a distant fan feel like a Bell Center neighbor. I opined after a loss to Columbus that this team was not constituted for a playoff run. Whoops. I stick to those concerns as there are still some missing pieces to complete the puzzle, but this team deserves high praise for overcoming its weaknesses and exploiting its strengths to make a fantastic and unexpected (always more enjoyable) run at the Cup. Character is one thing they are not lacking. And beating the Bruins was so satisfying that I'll be grinning all summer long. A few things I can't wait to see next season: 1) Alex Galchenyuk - kid proved he is a gamer with a ton of talent. 2) Young defense corps move up (may cost us some games, but their time is here). 3) MaxPac crack 40 goals. 4) Lucic's head explode trying to do math on the scoreboard. We beat the Bruins!
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final (2014-05-14 21:18:22)
Need to play to win. Can't play not to lose.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final (2014-05-14 21:09:50)
My balls are in my stomach and my heart is in my throat. 20 minutes of perfect hockey. Let's go!
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final (2014-05-14 21:03:32)
This feels like the longest intermission ever.
- Comment on Liveblog: Semifinal Game 6 – Canadiens are alive! Beat Boston 4-0 to force game 7 (2014-05-12 23:00:15)
If anyone is looking for the missing link, he'll be wearing #17 in black on Wednesday night.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semi-final Game 2 – Canadiens blow third-period lead, series tied (2014-05-03 14:54:01)
Boston might actually be better off on the road where they won't be enticed to satisfy their home crowd's blood lust which they mistakenly confuse with winning.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 09:03:48)
Never said we should tank. Just questioning the logic and results of current management philosophy given the evidence of the last decade+.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 08:11:26)
Hate to be a downer after a win against the Leafs on HNIC, but this was evident again last night. My beloved Habs are not contenders nor will they be under the current management philosophy. Bergevin has proven his worth as demonstrated by the Vanek trade, but was that what THIS team needed? That trade would have been a great one for a true contender. For the Habs it just guaranteed extended mediocrity. The playoffs are pretty well assured now, as is a first or second round exit and another middling draft pick. They might be below us in the standings, but Columbus was another in a full stable of teams that are built for the playoffs that have exposed the Habs for what they aren't- a playoff contender. Maybe they'll get lucky with that middling pick. Gems can definitely be found in the middle of the first round. But the Habs' recent history painfully suggests otherwise and has instead proven to be a formula for perpetual mediocrity. In a salary cap league, I'd rather miss the playoffs to watch the promise of a contender develop than make the playoffs to watch the inevitability of mediocrity. The former you can root for. The latter gets more difficult with each predictable year. That being said... Go Habs!
- Comment on Brière will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2013-11-12 14:53:54)
I like it and I bet we see that lineup at some point. Bournival was sparking that line with Pleks and Gionta for a few games. EGG line is obvious. The question is if the other line would actually use their size consistently. Although they have it, it's not exactly what they are known for.
- Comment on Brière will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2013-11-12 13:00:46)
So we have the EGG, B, C, D lineup tonight. EGG Line B = Briere, Bourque, Bournival C = Max, Pleks, and Gionta the "C"aptain D = White, Moen, and "D"umont Drum crash.