byrneoNL - (Robert Byrne)Member since April 28, 2010
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Josh Gorges
All-time favorite player: Mats Naslund
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 22:02:46)
TSN finally picking up on the fact Galchenyuk not getting any ice time
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 21:40:48)
Can someone PLEASE explain Galchenyuk's ice time to me (5:36). only Parros has played fewer minnutes (3:57). Why dress Galchenyuk at all? If MT is trying to send some BS message, just sit the kid for a game and have him watch from above. POINTLESS
- Comment on Welcome back, Saku (2013-10-24 11:56:58)
not = now
- Comment on Welcome back, Saku (2013-10-24 11:54:59)
I thought DD played his best period this year, against Edmonton. I'm not kidding. That first period, he battled, hustled, and seemed to be giving 100%. Then I don't remember seeing him once the entire game afterward. Which I'd be fine with if he was a defenseman. Anyways, DD is an albatross of a signing. The whole hockey world sees that now. But like Gomez, we're not stuck with him. I would hope DD would be taking this seriously, but he's not even troubling himself to attend optional practices and stuff. He's not above practice right now. A little initiative might serve him well at this point.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 8: Four-game win streak ends with 2-1 loss to Nashville (2013-10-19 11:14:24)
Danny Kristo tied for 10th in AHL scoring. 3G 3A in 5gp.
- Comment on Habs to ice strong lineup against Devils Monday night (2013-09-23 16:17:39)
The Markov-Diaz pairing is gonna get eaten alive. Marky is too slow now, with only one working leg. And in spite of a great breakout pass, he's not gonna win any foot races or puck battles in his own end. And Diaz won't bring any physicality there either. In short, even the most haphazard forecheck is gonna yield massive dividends in the turnover category vs this pairing. Marky-Emelin (when he's back) would be fine. And Marky-Subban worked pretty well last year, with PK retrieving the majority of dumped in pucks. Diaz-Markov is trouble tho, unless they're on the PP.
- Comment on Liveblog: Boston 6 – Canadiens 3 (2013-09-16 19:28:23)
Who's wearing #72? I've haven't seen that smooth a stride since Hal Gill left town
- Comment on Liveblog: Senators spank Canadiens 6-1, take series lead (2013-05-05 19:36:57)
What's the habs record when they don't score first. Asked Stubbs on twitter but I think he has me on ignore hahah
- Comment on About last night … (terse and pithy edition) (2013-05-03 02:33:50)
In my day we called this "telling it like it is" and Boone speaks the truth. I was at the game. He is going too easy on Price, Diaz and Gorges IMO, not to mention the invisible Ryder and Pacioretty. Spent the evening (post game)drinking at Winnie's .. Will be back for game 2 tomorrow... Subban and Gallagher were great tonight. Prusty too
- Comment on “We don’t feel the pressure. We apply the pressure,” Therrien says (2013-05-01 13:57:00)
We will be there, then hehe. Crescent is a lot closer than St Denis if memory serves anyways. Keep your eye out for two burly newfies!