byrneoNL - (Robert Byrne)Member since April 28, 2010
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Alex Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Mats Naslund
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 16:52:02)
The problem is our lack of parity
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 48 – Call the cops! Canadiens steal two points with 5-4 OT win (2014-01-16 20:53:44)
I'm glad MB is happy with his team. I bet 29 other GMs are happy with them too.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 48 – Call the cops! Canadiens steal two points with 5-4 OT win (2014-01-16 20:49:23)
Remember when Eller made a difference out there?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 48 – Call the cops! Canadiens steal two points with 5-4 OT win (2014-01-16 20:46:40)
Eventually the Senators will get tired from skating rings around us all night. All that sprinting to get to the puck first every time, all the muscle strength behind those crisp passes and hard shots will take its toll. We got them right where we want them boys.
- Comment on Nilan offers advice for Habs’ Bourque on HI/O Show (2014-01-16 14:42:08)
DD gets like 10 minutes + more a game than Galchenyuk, and DD is given first PP time no matter how badly he's been sucking, while Galchenyuk is stapled to the bench when we need offense the most for reasons no one can understand
- Comment on Nilan offers advice for Habs’ Bourque on HI/O Show (2014-01-16 14:39:46)
This team doesn't need to overpay for any more OLD veterans.. Jagr included. NOT signing Jagr in the past may have been a mistake. But he is not the future, nor even the bandaid this team needs. We need to lose the OLD smurfs and stop resigning ineffective players. The ones whose youthful speed and agility once made up for their lack of size and toughness - Gionta, Briere, Bouillon. We have room for Gallagher (any team would) and thats fine. And we're stuck with Desharnais, but if Gionta and Briere were gone then he wouldn't be so detrimental. Frankly tho, I'd rather move him. We need to lose Parros, simply because he cannot skate. I'm a better skater than Parros. Murray is almost as bad. He's minus 10, and we have no offense or even possession when he's on the ice. Bourque has to go cause he doesn't give a shit. Night in, night out, he's worse than AK46 ever was. Josh Gorges is outscoring Rene Bourque this year. Claim Klesla off waivers, call up Tinordi, and move Diaz/Briere/Gionta/Bourque. Walk away from Parros and Bouillon end of season cause there's no way anyone is taking any of those guys at the deadline.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 22:02:46)
TSN finally picking up on the fact Galchenyuk not getting any ice time
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 21:40:48)
Can someone PLEASE explain Galchenyuk's ice time to me (5:36). only Parros has played fewer minnutes (3:57). Why dress Galchenyuk at all? If MT is trying to send some BS message, just sit the kid for a game and have him watch from above. POINTLESS
- Comment on Welcome back, Saku (2013-10-24 11:56:58)
not = now
- Comment on Welcome back, Saku (2013-10-24 11:54:59)
I thought DD played his best period this year, against Edmonton. I'm not kidding. That first period, he battled, hustled, and seemed to be giving 100%. Then I don't remember seeing him once the entire game afterward. Which I'd be fine with if he was a defenseman. Anyways, DD is an albatross of a signing. The whole hockey world sees that now. But like Gomez, we're not stuck with him. I would hope DD would be taking this seriously, but he's not even troubling himself to attend optional practices and stuff. He's not above practice right now. A little initiative might serve him well at this point.