alfieturcotte - (Laurent Mastey)Member since April 23, 2010
New York City
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 10:23:56)
Agree - not a huge PA Parenteau fan. I would like to see Sekac / Eller / Galchenyuk trio.
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:27:43)
I think the Canadiens are a better hockey team with Sekac (over Moen), Bournival (over Moen), and yes, Bourque (over Moen).....
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:26:20)
Sorry - nothing Moen does that Bourque cannot. While Bourque is far from a phenom, he certainly is a better hockey player than Moen. We also already have Prust, Malhotra for the Moen=esque role. And again, come playoff time, Bourque shows up. Where was Moen?
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:13:43)
So Bourque is waived, but Moen continues to play on the 4th line. Say what you want about Bourque (and some of it is deserved), the team is def better w/him in the line up than with Moen. Bourque can fit neatly into any one of the 4 lines. Moreover, I seem to recall only a handful of players who showed up i the playoffs these past 2 years, he was one of them. Bad move by MB, sorry.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-06 09:27:51)
Lafrich - I am a big Subban supporter, but there is no denying that his game needs to elevate. He makes many mistakes out there, some of which result in goals for other teams. Perhaps it's $9MM worth of pressure, or simply a need to simplify his game at times.....
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens are 0-for-November (2014-11-02 22:13:48)
Weise is NOT a 1st liner - he is a 4th liner. Time to sit Moen and Parenteau/Prust. Bournival and Sekac deserve to play over those guys. DD / Pacioretty / Gallagher Pleks / Galchenyuk / Sekac Eller / Bourque / Bournival Malhotra / Weise / Prust
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 09:17:18)
The general consensus on the Markov signing is that it is too much for too long. No trolling, just regular opinion. Markov is no longer a top 1/2 D and given his knees and inability to keep up at times, it is only natural to view 3/$18MM as excessive. I've not read you at all, but know why. Nothing you write stands out as worthy to remember....
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 09:13:56)
Just have a hunch he is not undergoing the same rigorous training as our unsigned restricted free agent.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-29 20:19:34)
While Subban prepares for 2015, Markov is doing what to deserve $18MM for the next 3 yrs? MB's complete lack of vision. Focus on the wrong defenseman...... Markov should have been allowed to go. That $6MM will look painful midway into season 1 of that contract.....
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 08:29:09)
Markov for ~$6MM is too long and too much. This move looking Briere like. MB would have been more prudent signing Weaver for 2 yrs at ~$1.5MM and we would lose nothing at all from a defensive standpoint. Frankly, I might say that Weaver is more sound defensively at this point. From an offensive standpoint, I would have liked to see Beaulieu given a full spot, especially on the first PP.....