alfieturcotte - (Laurent Mastey)Member since April 23, 2010
New York City
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-13 10:40:24)
I am tired of hearing about "Bergevin's plan". Frankly, nearly all of his moves have been quite minor (3rd/4th line players / 4/5/6 D type moves) with the exception of the Vanek trade. The most recent pick ups at this trade deadline DSP, Mitchell, Flynn are horrible. What the Canadiens lack is speed and offensive ability, and at least Sekac provided both. DSP for Sekac??? Mitchell/Flynn have created a logjam of 4th liners and forced Bournival / Thomas down at a time where they were playing decent hockey.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-11 09:39:19)
The Canadiens were a better team with Sekac, Bournival, and Christian Thomas in the line up. Smith Pelly is a 4th liner. A line of De La Rose, Eller, Sekac would be significantly more threatening than one with Smith Pelly. Mitchell and Flynn vs Bournival or Thomas? I see a drop in speed and scoring touch with these 2 "depth additions".
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 10:23:56)
Agree - not a huge PA Parenteau fan. I would like to see Sekac / Eller / Galchenyuk trio.
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:27:43)
I think the Canadiens are a better hockey team with Sekac (over Moen), Bournival (over Moen), and yes, Bourque (over Moen).....
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:26:20)
Sorry - nothing Moen does that Bourque cannot. While Bourque is far from a phenom, he certainly is a better hockey player than Moen. We also already have Prust, Malhotra for the Moen=esque role. And again, come playoff time, Bourque shows up. Where was Moen?
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:13:43)
So Bourque is waived, but Moen continues to play on the 4th line. Say what you want about Bourque (and some of it is deserved), the team is def better w/him in the line up than with Moen. Bourque can fit neatly into any one of the 4 lines. Moreover, I seem to recall only a handful of players who showed up i the playoffs these past 2 years, he was one of them. Bad move by MB, sorry.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-06 09:27:51)
Lafrich - I am a big Subban supporter, but there is no denying that his game needs to elevate. He makes many mistakes out there, some of which result in goals for other teams. Perhaps it's $9MM worth of pressure, or simply a need to simplify his game at times.....
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens are 0-for-November (2014-11-02 22:13:48)
Weise is NOT a 1st liner - he is a 4th liner. Time to sit Moen and Parenteau/Prust. Bournival and Sekac deserve to play over those guys. DD / Pacioretty / Gallagher Pleks / Galchenyuk / Sekac Eller / Bourque / Bournival Malhotra / Weise / Prust
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 09:17:18)
The general consensus on the Markov signing is that it is too much for too long. No trolling, just regular opinion. Markov is no longer a top 1/2 D and given his knees and inability to keep up at times, it is only natural to view 3/$18MM as excessive. I've not read you at all, but know why. Nothing you write stands out as worthy to remember....
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 09:13:56)
Just have a hunch he is not undergoing the same rigorous training as our unsigned restricted free agent.