alfieturcotte - (Laurent Mastey)Member since April 23, 2010
New York City
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 09:17:18)
The general consensus on the Markov signing is that it is too much for too long. No trolling, just regular opinion. Markov is no longer a top 1/2 D and given his knees and inability to keep up at times, it is only natural to view 3/$18MM as excessive. I've not read you at all, but know why. Nothing you write stands out as worthy to remember....
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 09:13:56)
Just have a hunch he is not undergoing the same rigorous training as our unsigned restricted free agent.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-29 20:19:34)
While Subban prepares for 2015, Markov is doing what to deserve $18MM for the next 3 yrs? MB's complete lack of vision. Focus on the wrong defenseman...... Markov should have been allowed to go. That $6MM will look painful midway into season 1 of that contract.....
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 08:29:09)
Markov for ~$6MM is too long and too much. This move looking Briere like. MB would have been more prudent signing Weaver for 2 yrs at ~$1.5MM and we would lose nothing at all from a defensive standpoint. Frankly, I might say that Weaver is more sound defensively at this point. From an offensive standpoint, I would have liked to see Beaulieu given a full spot, especially on the first PP.....
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-23 16:47:14)
Bad, bad move. Markov is a 3 or 4 D at this point given age and skating ability. By next season with each passing winger or cough up at the blue line, the contract will look like an albatross. Why the dynamic duo of MB and MT choose not to focus on Subban first has me quite puzzled.
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-19 15:58:38)
Lol, pourquoi pas??? Only a conaisseur of the finer things in life such as yourself would pick up on this.....Thanks Lafrich.
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-19 14:06:58)
Imran Khan lives with his dad and mom.....
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 09:32:08)
It's a zero sum game Dunboyne. If you give it to Markov, it prevents you from making changes and giving it to another. $6MM is too much for what they'll get in return from a rapidly aging D. I'd do a 1 year at $6MM, nothing more. I suspect Markov won't take less than his current salary ($5.7MM?) so what gap will MB try to manage?
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 09:18:31)
Markov should be paid as a 36-yr old 3/4th D, not based on his value pre injury days. He is certainly not a 1-2 D any longer as he does not have the speed to keep up with some skaters. How often did he fall victim to an untimely pinch or inability to catch the winger? He is a solid 3-4 D option and that should not merit more than $3-$4MM a year. If I am MB, I resign Weaver who frankly is just as good defensively and give more playing minutes to Beaulieu on the PP. This way, Habs save $4.5MM to be used more wisely elsewhere. While he is at it, he should not resign Gionta and trade Pleks/Gorges to the Oilers. Between the money saved and the talent received in return for Pleks/Gorges, I like the direction the Canadiens would be heading. Alternatively, if we resign Markov and Gionta plus keep Pleks/Gorges, we will see an old Habs team very much in decline. I predict that it will be virtually impossible to move Markov and Gionta after next season.......Cut bait, move forward MB. Sadly, I do not believe that either MB or MT have the intelligence/intestinal fortitude to make these moves.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 12:32:46)
Too much for a 4th D who should at best be on the 2nd pairing in the PP (behind Beaulieu). I can also just picture the many complaints when Markov inevitably allows defenders to skate by simply because his 35-yr old damaged knees no longer allow him to catch up to these players..... Let him walk, sign Weaver and save $4MM annually. While MB is at it, I hope he lets Gionta walk in addition to trading Pleks.