habstrinifan - (Jameson Lee-Yaw)Member since April 10, 2010
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: Eller and Budaj ....good guys!
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 21:59:44)
I did some reading on them last night after coming across a trade article. The new GM seems on the ball. Hope they rise. Toronto needs a good NBA team... they have the fans for it.
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 21:54:47)
WOW! Sad and Scary times for hockey. Prayers for all the players affected and their friends and families.
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 14:10:11)
I like him!
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 14:01:28)
@Maritime Ronn! "Why the dislike on Murray". Thanks for the question. A pointed question in the context of the posts around it. If I can speak for myself but with the presumptous belief that I can convey the sentiment of people who think like me. When a 'marginal' player like Murray comes into our system and becomes a 'star', an 'irreplaceable' a 'stalwart', we do not look down on his contribution. The concern is not how well the ordinary hockey player does in our system. It is how ordinary is the hockey content of our system. In the long term it has failed to 'develop' our players. Apart from our goalkeeper, it's been a awhile when any one of our 'outside' players has attained elite level in the league. There is not one commentary about our team which does not START and END with our goalkeeper. If our 'systems' had produced winning hockey or nurtured superior hockey players or even had provided a significant standard of measurement for team building... then it would have had its merits. But based on results; based on entertainment; based on hockey value; and based on the development of players ... our approach to hockey in the last whatever years has been a failure. I ask you simply to look back to three years ago when Yannick Weber was considered 'a top flight prospect we couldnt lose' and very recently, when Diaz was similarly treasured, to see how the type of hockey this organization has adopted has contributed to a 'spinning of the wheels' and an inability to properly judge players. Which is why the league is 'peppered' with our former 'stars' in utilitarian roles.
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 13:29:11)
Absolutely not. Just dont snicker as you pass the neighbourhood Y.
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 13:18:09)
Yep! The leotauds are designer fashion and the women go there only after 6 mths at a real gym..... to one up their dinner party friends.
- Comment on Habs’ Gorges has surgery on fractured hand, out four weeks (2014-03-10 13:08:00)
AMEN! A fffffing MEN! I never thought I would see the day when someone as incontrovertibly knowledgeable and respected on this site as you highlight the main reason why our team is in bad hands(intentional or not). I dont know if you intend the message to be thus... but you posting this link explaining the philosophy of a coach who cannot be considered laissez-fair loose offensively.. should open some eyes.
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 12:22:22)
Sorry CJ.luck is a factor in sports of course but I cant agree "but the biggest element that is no longer in our favor is luck." Bergevin lacks that something special.... a coach like Roy?...(my humble opinion and I was wary of Roy).
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 08:29:33)
Sounds more like an Uncertain T. Plekanec.
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 08:20:29)
Gionta to Vanek: "After you Sir!" Vanek to Gionta "No Sir ..after you" Therrien smiles "Respect! Capt ahead... 21 before 20..My work is done here ... this guy knows his place. Just a little CPP refresher and he's good to go. We dont need no stinkeen practice"