habstrinifan - (Jameson Lee-Yaw)Member since April 10, 2010
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: Eller and Budaj ....good guys!
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-30 10:44:02)
Exactly. And make the definition of a 'good hit' unquestionably but rigorously stated so as to allow for real solid physicality in the game. That will ensure that you must build your team with the proper balance of skill and speed and 'toughness'. I want to see each team have players like Jean Ratelle and Stan Mikita.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-30 10:12:51)
@BJ and the posters discussing 'Fighting'. Thank you BJ for posting that link of an example of a 'good hockey fight'. Unfortunately under today's rules we cannot have a good hockey fight anymore. And so I say COMPLETELY ban fighting. Why? Simple... how can you go into a fight with your helmets on. This is ridiculous. The highest risk of injury from a fight today is wrecked knuckles/bones in your fingers or wrist. Injuries which can prove more troublesome and difficult to aggressively rehabilitate than some other more serious sounding ones. If I were a coach today, I would absolute ban my players from fighting. Grab the opponent in a body hug and wrestle him to the floor if needed but DO NOT punch at someone's HELMET. And as a team management, I would register a strong letter of that policy to the league and hold them absolutely liable for injuries to any of my players who were 'forced' into these 'fake fight' scenarios. In as stupid and ineffective a tactical trick as possible, the league has tried to ban a 'good fight' by concocting this stupid helmet removal ban. It is like a municipality banning pre-marital sex by insisting that women of puberty age must wear a chastity belt, the combination for which can only be had with a FTF (free to f....) serial number attached to your marriage licence. You know somebody's gonna get a finger screwed up.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-30 09:44:31)
Pror to exhibition season they were talking about a competition between two guys. I think Rick Moffat was one, but don't hold me to that.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 17:35:48)
@Luke.... You can have a seat on the Connor Crisp bandwagon... but I built the darn thing.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 14:11:40)
Tinordi instead of Pateyrn. Defensemen names correct but pairing in flux.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 14:09:29)
You are right re the PP. I think it was 24 cups who rightly posted about the PP being only very good for a stint last season and then basically dropping into a very ineffective tool... mostly. Some new 'game'/strategies have to be injected into the PP for this season.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 09:55:49)
Right! And also FIX THE FREAKIN PP! And also lets get Brook Benton and Lou Rawls to do the Anthem. Don't hate the riff baby!
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 20:49:30)
Not freakin out but need a shot of 'newness' to be on display.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 20:47:46)
Please please for our future... Give Tinordi a spot to grow UP HERE! It will pay dividends.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 20:38:08)
My thoughts exactly... are we gonna have same type problems against certain teams.