MontrealAtheist - (Emil)Member since March 7, 2010
Habs fan since: ?
Favorite current player: Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Jaroslav Halak
- Comment on There is no joy in Beantown… (2012-04-26 09:12:17)
The Bruins are out but let's not forget that they accomplished something that we were miles away this season: They made the play-offs! Having finished last in the conference we have absolutely no right to make fun of them considering our sucky performance this season.
- Comment on There is no joy in Beantown… (2012-04-26 08:55:52)
Let's be a good sport about it, mate ... We messed up this season, so anybody with the right combination of skill and luck might as well go all the way and win the Cup. Personally, if it's not us I couldn't care less if it's the Coyotes, Caps or the Flyers who bring home Lord Stanley's cup.
- Comment on There is no joy in Beantown… (2012-04-26 08:53:25)
Rankings mean very little come play-off time. In the play-offs you can *never* afford to take a game lightly just because of a lower ranking. (The Canucks tried that and look where they are now.)
- Comment on There is no joy in Beantown… (2012-04-26 08:51:21)
It's funny you say that because we (in Montreal) have been golfing for a long time already ... Judging by our poor performance in the second half of the season it seems that many players started golfing before the end of the season already.
- Comment on The playoff scramble … elsewhere (2012-04-04 07:31:35)
Hey, he has a French name so at least that'll keep all the language activists in Montreal happy ... Who cares about performance anyway!?
- Comment on Gauthier is gone (2012-03-29 13:02:38)
All of the GMs you listed are better than PG in my opinion.
- Comment on Gauthier is gone (2012-03-29 13:01:48)
Best news I heard in a long time ... Gainey and Gauthier both finally gone. Gauthier should never have been appointed GM anyway, he was simply chosen by BG so that Bob could still exercise his influence over the team ... PG never had any credentials himself that would justify managing an NHL team, or even an AHL team for that matter.
- Comment on Multimedia after Canadiens shootout loss to Florida (2012-03-28 00:03:09)
- Comment on Multimedia after Canadiens shootout loss to Florida (2012-03-28 00:00:23)
Get rid of Eller and Cole AND our 1st round pick? What have you been smoking today? Granted, Cole is not the youngest anymore but Eller is precisely the kind of player we need more of and a solid top 2 first round pick can be a great asset, too, going forward. I would even get rid of Price before even considering touching Eller or our 1st round pick, given that he has been average at best this season and little signs that he will turn into a Tim Tomas or a Halak anytime soon. What we don't need is more old farts and spoiled millionaires past their prime who only play for their wallet and with no heart.
- Comment on Liveblog: Sabres beat Canadiens 3-2 in OT (2012-03-12 21:38:15)
They still have a better chance than us of making the play-offs.