SlimDiggityMember since March 7, 2010
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Saku
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens defeated and depleted in Ottawa (2015-02-18 20:32:31)
Gryba trying to kill Eller again, with the puck NO WHERE NEAR HIM. Someone needs to tune up Gryba. The guy needs fed his lunch.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Lightning preview (2015-01-06 11:57:15)
Duclair this, Duclair that. The kid was a sure fire 1st rounder going into his draft season. All 30 teams passed on him multiple times, each. There was definitely something off. My guess? CHaracter. Also smallish. Had we drafted Duclair you could add him to the list of Collberg, Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Reway, Hudon, Kristo. All small, skilled guys between 5'9" and 5'11". Realistically, one of these guys actually makes it as an effective NHLer; MAYBE. You can only have so many of the same type in your system, hence why we've jettisoned a few.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ottawa draws first blood in meaningless weekend series (2014-10-03 20:01:05)
Now a brutal holding call on Dietz. Terrible call.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ottawa draws first blood in meaningless weekend series (2014-10-03 19:59:53)
Refs in midseason form already. Goalie interference on their goal. Max's goal should have counted, eye for an eye. At least a penalty shot? Pretty easy call to make. Oh and his first breakaway should have been a hook on Karlsson. ;)
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-07 09:21:16)
I believe Scherbak is left off the team for political reasons. He has been very vocal of his displeasure with the way things are run in Russia, specifically with regards to treatment of the players. Sounds like Nikita has burned that bridge, but I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing. He won't be playing internationally for Russia unless he becomes a solid pro and makes an Olympic or WC squad.
- Comment on Budaj gets Wednesday start vs. Red Wings (with video) (2014-02-26 09:07:29)
I agree with those saying 1st round picks from contenders are overvalued because they're usually in the 20 to 30 range where prospects start to become longer term projects. I think trading for already-drafted players who are finishing up junior or showing progress in their first pro years is a better option because you're dealing with known quantities (to an extent). With that being said, Markov and a 3rd to Tampa for Vladislav Namestnikov and a 2nd? :)
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2014-02-24 08:36:46)
Wow I never saw any of these originally. #leafsinsideout.com
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 29: Budaj wins on the road again as Eller, DD score in Shootout (2013-12-04 21:31:01)
Timo <3's DD
- Comment on Brière takes Desharnais’s spot at practice (2013-11-12 10:08:09)
Wow dude, really? So he just went from being an undrafted, undersized player who had to dominate at every level to prove himself and make it to the NHL with NO talent? That makes a lot of sense, I'm getting it now. Look, I don't believe DD is part of the next CH Stanley Cup, but he's a damn fine player to have made it this far. Show some respect for the kid.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 18 – Losing streak ends as Canadiens double Islanders 4-2 (2013-11-10 20:33:46)
Wow for real bro? Habs fans will complain about the most ridiculous things...