BJ - (Bruce Jessop)Member since November 19, 2007
Habs fan since: 1952
Favorite current player: Was Saku Koivu and now Desharnais, Prust, Gallagher.
All-time favorite player: John Ferguson
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-22 17:38:45)
Great read. Many thanks for that.
- Comment on Habs vs. Senators preview: Tokarski gets start in goal (2015-01-15 11:32:43)
I haven't had much time to read (knee deep in ID'ing b&w negatives from the 1970's Habs) I'm sure its been discussed some, how many here are impressed with #55 Sergei Gonchar. The man is amazingly steady. Cool in his own zone and he has a knack for getting the puck to the net. Quite a bargain for the Habs. He may even be a keeper for next season.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win sixth road game in a row as power play comes to life (2015-01-14 18:47:53)
Duality vs Absolute
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-12 08:16:50)
I think that part of the toughness element missing is due to the fact that we can't score enough and are compensating with small band-aid offensive players that are on the wrong lines hoping to get scoring from other sources. If the trend of the last two games continues over the second half, we could have a few soldiers missing for the playoffs.
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-11 12:38:36)
I wonder if the Bush mafia family is involved in the vote count?
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-11 12:34:41)
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 12:12:28)
Crisp got totalled last night, he took a hit from behind from Maggio (Utica tough guy) and he did not return after the first and looked as if he may be concussed. Nevins is in a Prust type weight category. Lots of heart but not a real heavyweight.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 12:04:49)
Not much. In reality other than Nevins who is a solid light heavyweight (Prust style) we have nothing or for you Front "nada".
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 12:02:55)
I don't know if its just me, but I have seen too many rookies and picks wasted because management try and mold them into something other than what got them to be selected in the first place. Tinordi is tough but is not a fighter at heart. Let him play a tough defense, thats what he can do. PK give him some leash. Many of our small forwards are very skilled but they are outweighed. If the NHL ever creates a weight category we'll win tons of Cups again. So why not build a team with more size on the 3rd and fourth lines at least.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 11:47:44)
Maybe MB is thinking Laraque, Parros......? Or saving some $$$$$ for a rental. Personally I would go for McGrattan just as a deterrent so we can stay healthy in the second half. We might be in physically tough shape by playoff time if last nights and the Tampa game beat down/wear them down tendency continues.