Just a Habs Fan - (Cliff Johnson)Member since February 14, 2010
Habs fan since: 1958
Favorite current player: Gallager
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens are 0-for-California (2015-03-04 21:25:16)
Probably you won't get much support for your feelings on MB but you are mostly right in my opinion. The passion of posters on this site is high and hope against hope for a dominating team in Montreal shines brightly on here. I've been on here for a few years now and have watched all the future superstars catch fore and flame out in a month or so. Chucky has several times been on the verge of superstar status only to fall back into a 10-12 game slowdown. Then he scores and again he is a superstar. However Carey Price is hiding a few deficiencies on this team. Also the contracts MB has given the players you mention are way out there. So I am in agreement with you. I bet we are in the minority though. I do however think the Habs are a good team not a great team. I really hope I am wrong and they deep this year again.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Ducks preview: Parenteau, Malhotra healthy scratches (2015-03-04 05:55:48)
I was 6 ft 218 when I was 46 and I wasn't fat by any measure.....was lifting on a steady basis. So it is not necessarily a bad weight. You got to wonder why the genius team from our Hbas couldn't detect he was not in the best condition though not to mention his slow skating...and hitting .......where is the hitting everyone was suggesting he was a tank out there...more like a turtle but hopefully we are all wrong and he shows up soon...if not man he is done on a fast team.....how can this happen with all the raves our admin gets.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Ducks preview: Parenteau, Malhotra healthy scratches (2015-03-03 15:36:57)
Sounds like he is in for a treat
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-01 08:04:40)
I certainly hope we are not peaking too soon. We are not playing overwhelming hockey at all....winning yes on a consistent basis but if other than a few games any Habs fan think this team is a powerful machine...well get ready for a shock. Carey can only do so much and in the playoffs he will be rammed,jammed and pushed,pulled like never before. Hope I am dead wrong but I am not wrong about us being on very thin ice to coin a phrase. Also what'so the foolish raves about the new addition Pelly....really he hasn't thrown areal hit yet that I've seen yet he seems to get raves
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens head west riding four Ws (2015-02-28 20:08:06)
I think Don C is referencing the goon squad that TO used to employ a couple of years ago and before......they were a scary team and I guess not many liked to play them
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 12:18:10)
Stewart is also a very lazy player....as one poster said last night...Rene Bourque #2......he won't be coming to the Habs if the scouting administration is any good at all
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-27 05:14:17)
You are missing common sense but that has to be born in you....
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-27 05:12:37)
Good post Timo...exactly how I see it also
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-27 05:09:55)
I just didn't see how Pelly looked so good last night....he was okay but nothing stood out to me about him at all...minus 1...no big h its....his line was under pressure quite a lot especially late from middle of second period on...he was difficult to notice out there in my opinion.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 21:37:50)
That was anugly, ugly win.....but they all count I guess..I thought CBJ was the better team over all