rogieshan - (JohnnyO)Member since January 30, 2010
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Dustin Tokarski
All-time favorite player: ken dryden, rogie vachon, bobby smith, guy lafleur, cam connor
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 00:21:26)
I'm beating on an old horse, but what Yzerman did tonight is exactly what Bob Gainey should have done with the Scott Gomez deal. The Rangers had to dump salary to sign Gabrorik at the time, yet Gainey offered Sather full-value compensation in the trade. I still can't get over it.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-26 10:17:33)
Gionta's only goal in these playoffs was scored on a rebound off of his own breakaway in Game One vs Tampa. I don't remember the last time he beat a goalie cleanly with a shot. I expected no offense from him when the playoffs began and he pretty much hasn't disappointed.
- Comment on Habs, Rangers back on the ice Saturday for practices (Video) (2014-05-24 16:45:20)
It's remarkable how he has kept his cool despite all the hits from fans and media alike this season. Imagine if the team had signed Lecavalier instead. Not sure if Vinny would have brought the same class and leadership qualities to the table you speak of.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-23 09:48:45)
Vanek was invisible before Briere's goal. Gionta was simply ineffective in every way.
- Comment on Rookie Tokarski wins praise in Habs 3-2 overtime win (Video) (2014-05-23 01:16:32)
I believe Mario Tremblay & Benoit Brunet both suggested Therrien should replace Beaulieu with Boullion for the next game, since the former isn't trusted to play much late in a tight game.
- Comment on Rookie Tokarski wins praise in Habs 3-2 overtime win (Video) (2014-05-23 01:13:39)
I'm sure if Gionta weren't wearing the 'C', he'd be sitting by now.
- Comment on Tokarski will start for Habs again in Game 3 vs. Rangers (with practice video) (2014-05-21 19:22:31)
Frankly, it's Gionta who should be dropped to the fourth line. Eller and Bourque have been playing like top-six forwards, cycling and winning some puck battles, but they've been hamstrung by the captain's weak game since the Tampa series.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 01:27:35)
You forgot: 7. The "little girl" in Plekanec comes out
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 01:25:18)
I truly hope the team hasn't lost all of its confidence because it was doing so well as a group up until the OT loss in Game Four. The only thing I would change for Game Six is to reunite Vanek with Pacioretty & Desharnais. Therrien needs to challenge them to assert themselves as the team's number one line. Breaking them up as a unit may have put more pressure on each of them individually to produce and their frustration is wearing on the entire team.
- Comment on Certain Habs need to increase intensity level, Therrien says (with video) (2014-05-09 15:59:18)
Win or lose, these playoffs may prove to be Michel Therrien's coming-out party as a worthy head coach. I have been most impressed with his composure and tone when speaking to the media and the way he has handled his roster. A lot of fans have a hate-on for Murray, and he's not pretty to watch at times, but there's no denying the appreciation his teammates have for the game he brings to the ice. The team as a whole has given up three goals in the two games he has played. He's 0 in +/-. Douglas Murray is not the problem.