Stuck_in_To.Member since November 19, 2007
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White signs with Flyers (2014-08-08 07:28:43)
I find it hard to believe that a player of White's attributes was unable to satisfy MT unless White was not executing as instructed. (I am on the meh side of White not being resigned because, while he was occasionally effective, he was more often failing to make an impact on the game. His larger gaffs were often and obviously avoidable.) If he is successful in Philly it may well be attributable to the wakeup call of not being resigned. (Also, Philly is synonymous with bad judgement so he might succeed in spite of himself.) Or maybe White really did pee in MT's cornflakes.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 10:19:20)
Arbitration numbers are pure strategy in a business decision where the negotiation element is taken out of your hands. As noted below, the Eller numbers were similarly skewed.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 15:40:09)
I had a long and good belly laugh when I read this headline. So much for all the spit-balling. I am glad he is in the fold.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 08:20:22)
May this shortly be but a bad memory. Pulling for your boy with all my heart.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 13:50:47)
1. Bourque based on the playoffs, Gallagher ... guys who go to the net. 2. I want him to start in Montreal. I feel it is time. 3. If he hasn't, he should demand a trade. 4. Heading to the cottage tomorrow so "taking care of business". 5. Dave Brubeck "Take Five"
- Comment on Defenceman Lernout, forward Audette among Habs’ six draft picks (2014-06-28 20:01:06)
Nice close reading.
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-14 22:47:03)
Agreed ... nor is the fact that he was drafted by the Habs and thus could not be hidden in the unscrutinized bowels of a USA owned team that barely ranks news coverage.
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-14 22:17:04)
Most of us remember when Year2004 Round 1 Position 18 Player Name Kyle Chipchura was the next captain of the Habs ... if you bought all the hype generated by the parasite that makes it money off sensationalizing every fart of the Canadiens's organization. He has been serviceable in an NHL capacity but not in the way you hang on to in the early going if you can parlay the asset into a "do over". Maybe one day the org will be so perfect and so deep they can absorb the ones that don't track and develop as hoped and expected. But for now, I am glad to have an org that knows when to cut bait on a previous mistake. [Edit: I also like an org with the moxy to think they can better the situation with a 5th rounder ... that shows faith ... yes, time will tell.] Perfect prescience .... that would be a gift from the hockey gods.
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 13:56:29)
loochballs ... must be "tongue in between cheeks" ... no?
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-28 17:26:40)
Good thing we have the Habs. Sláinte