billylove - (Bill Urman)Member since January 25, 2010
Habs fan since: forever
Favorite current player: Pleks
All-time favorite player: Guy
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 23:35:26)
Vanek didn't deserve to be on the ice.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 23:33:13)
Agree with Boone, the most lopsided 1-0 game I can recall ever seeing. Everyone seems to be writing off the Rangers. I'm not so sure. There's something good going on with them. They've had a horrific playoff schedule but despite having played 3 more games than the Habs, looked like the fresher and much quicker team throughout. Habs, for whatever reason, simply ran out of gas. I still believe the Habs are a better team, but they couldn't overcome the fatigue factor which ultimately did them in. Losing Price is NOT a valid excuse or justification for falling short. Toker deserved a better fate for his performance.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-27 10:42:26)
For me, there's no doubt the Habs are the better team. At no point during the three regular season games with the Rangers did NY out skate the Habs like they have during this series. I believe the Habs are worn down and quite likely don't have the endurance to win three in a row. I really don't care too much about line combos or other strategic stuff at this point. If the team can't overcome the fatigue factor, it makes no difference. Also, playing without Price SHOULD NOT be an excuse for losing the series. Toker has played very well, made countless big saves and has given the team more than a fifty-fifty chance to prevail. The team in front of him hasn't performed.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-26 00:32:52)
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-26 00:25:45)
Seems like no one is talking about PK. Whats up with him? He looked like the weak half of a 3rd d pairing, not a Norris trophy winner. His decision making is shaky, he looks slow, and he's running around in the dzone way too much. I agreed with Boone's saying he looked like he was drunk on one shift. Seriously, his drop off in this series is staggering. He must be hurt, please, someone tell me he's hurt!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-15 01:34:11)
I'd almost forgotten how sweet bear meet tastes especially if well seasoned. I think I'll have some leftovers tomorrow.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 7 – Bye-bye Bruins! Canadiens win 3-1, advance to Conference final (2014-05-14 18:14:32)
This is going to be so crazy! I smell marinated bear meat doing a slow cook. Should be ready to serve in a couple of hours.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-11 11:13:20)
Is Prust injured or is this just about all that Prust has left in his tank? Did the Bourque, Eller magical return to glory end just as suddenly as it started? Will DD and Max see their season's end just as they started?
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semi-final Game 2 – Canadiens blow third-period lead, series tied (2014-05-03 16:24:31)
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semi-final Game 2 – Canadiens blow third-period lead, series tied (2014-05-03 16:22:54)
Pretty easy to summarize where we're at. Good news, leave Boston even up and we've won 3 of 4 road games which is not easy in the playoffs. Bad news, as Boone correctly points out, this loss is the result of a bona fide collapse. Losing after winning game 1 isn't the end of the world, but the way we lost makes it a hard pill to swallow. Imho, makes game 3 a critical contest. Simply cannot give the Goons more momentum. We're not playing Tampa Bay.