montrealtilldeath - (peter cromwell)Member since October 1, 2010
Habs fan since: 1954
Favorite current player: Subban/Price
All-time favorite player: Beliveau
- Comment on ‘I feel like it’s my home,’ Habs’ Markov says about Montreal (2014-06-25 20:43:31)
Therrian should take a lesson from Greg Popovich on how to play veterans like Markov. Over using him all last season resulted in him being ineffective against the Rangers. There was no just gas left in the tank. Pops reduced the game minutes for Duncan, Parker and Ginobli during the year which allowed the youngers players to get valuable experience . By playoff time his 3 olders stars were not leg weary and the young guns were also battle tested. Result: King James was overthrown.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-27 11:40:00)
If Vanek has an injury that reduces his level of play to what we have been seeing he should not be playing. It has gotten to the point where he is hurting the team. Example: Power play the last game ; PK fed him the puck and his pathetic attempt at carrying the puck into the zone resulted in a turnover at the line which resulted in a Montreal penalty negating the PP. This is just one of many I could quote. Put in Ryan White a player with intensity. Sure he is a risk but he is a forward who will really pressure their D on the offensive zone behind the net. It is here where we are really losing the battle.
- Comment on ‘Momentum can change quick,’ Habs coach Therrien says (2014-05-20 15:09:06)
I know I will offend people waiting for Vanek to break out. Every one but one put it all in last night. The exception was number 20. He cost us momentum with his silly penalty annulling our PP and followed it up by a blown coverage on McDonough's goal. The real playoffs started with Boston and his lack of presence and effortfrom that point is very noticeable in fact it is outstanding. Folks put out the candle in the window he is not coming. Play someone who will at least fore check and back check. To me in the playoffs a Ryan White or a Bournival are more valuable assets. A playoff team cannot afford players who are just passengers.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 14:37:06)
Carey said it himself. We beat Boston that's great. "savour it tonight but get ready for the next round". The job of the coach is to recognize this and prepare his team. Vignault's team after a similar emotional victory over the Pens was ready. The Habs were not ready. In the words of the immortal Satchel Paige; " It's alright to look back but DON'T STARE"
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 14:20:48)
Has to be Budaj or the whole idea of team goes out the window. They can beat New York as a team. Chicago ot LA; we need Price
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 12:52:34)
Want to put a name to the problem. Simple - G BETTMAN (or however you spell it) Just look at all the negatives since he took over. Its a long list of negatives
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 12:47:29)
Yes! Plekanic barely bumped Rask. Marchand sprayed ice. Hate to quote Cherry but I imagine he would say "If the Refs and the league won't do it the players will". I really wish John Ferguson was still alive.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 12:28:05)
Wish John Ferguson was alive again for 35 minutes; 30 minutes to suit up and five minutes to mete out a real old fashioned on ice ass whippin to Kreider.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-15 08:54:21)
Question??? Where is Jean Beliveau? Is he sick?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-15 08:52:53)
Luci trying to pretend that 'Crushing" hip check by Markov did not hurt. He skated in the words of the immortal Gallivan "gingerly" to the bench.