DAVE. N - (David Nixon)Member since November 16, 2007
Habs fan since: I was a little 'un
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Rene Bourque to Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen (2014-11-20 17:50:25)
F.A...in last year of contract... Ducks take on salary of Bourque $3,333,333 cap hit 2015 Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on Canadiens go for fifth straight win Saturday night vs. Flyers (2014-11-15 13:59:29)
Heard that the U.C.E was going to be on the Shopping Channel, and if you order now, it will be gift wrapped at no additional charge, for Christmas delivery Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 06:45:43)
Interesting to note that Eller has been a much more competent and competitive player since Bourque was taken out of the line up. Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on Rene Bourque clears waivers, sent to Hamilton by Canadiens; Drayson Bowman called up (2014-11-11 05:38:52)
Ian, When you copy someone's work you may be wanting to share a sentiment with everyone, and that's great; but don't put your name at the end. It implies you wrote it. Always credit the source and author
- Comment on ‘You’ve got to thank Pricer for that one,’ Pacioretty says after Habs win over Flames (2014-10-29 16:00:03)
He WAS a first round draft choice; sounds Bulldog bound for now, viewing his stats, and I'm uncertain where his future with the Habs would be. Appears from his stats he plays smaller than he is, IMO.. Not a bad trade, but I can't see it being straight up; Buffalo wants draft picks, so I could see it then. We have A Moen clone in Hamilton (Tangradi) so not a bad option!
- Comment on Canadiens trade Peter Budaj to Winnipeg Jets (2014-10-05 13:05:10)
Eric Tangradi 2012-13 Pittsburgh Penguins NHL 5 0 0 0 0 2 2012-13 Winnipeg Jets NHL 36 1 3 4 22 -4 2013-14 Winnipeg Jets NHL 55 3 3 6 21 -6 Left Wing..Bulldog bound 15 points in 136 NHL games, 6' 4" /221 lbs....yup MTL just picked up another Travis Moen Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on Habs prospects Thomas, de la Rose, Dietz will get another look against Senators (2014-10-03 18:00:50)
Yes I've been to several games. Not disputing they have issues in Ottawa, and they need to make greater efforts to put together a greater team to pull in the fans. But I will use your figures; 14th (not 30th) in tickets sold; Canadian franchise, not Vegas, Atlanta Long Island or even Columbus... Hamilton could draw better than 4-5 franchises in the U.S with a competitive team. Bobby Ryan is a great marketing signing, and kudos to Ottawa for that. Goaltending would be even better. I'm not looking for a fight, but be realistic; the NHL NEEDS Canadian teams for the draws they create on the road in the U.S. Ask yourself this question ; how many rounds would it take Florida , NYI , Buffalo or Carolina to break even? Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on Habs prospects Thomas, de la Rose, Dietz will get another look against Senators (2014-10-03 14:43:02)
2nd the statement. How the hell do you talk hockey after that? Save the planet. Compost a Leaf.
- Comment on Habs prospects Thomas, de la Rose, Dietz will get another look against Senators (2014-10-03 14:41:15)
Seriously? you actually think a Canadian franchise will be moved after all the issues with failed American franchises? Florida Panthers would be first on my list to be moved North to Quebec City. |The re-establishment of the Nordiques would be similar to the Thrashers being moved to Winnipeg. A win/win situation. I don't post often, but when I see a comment like that, I've got to ask...do you not know that the Canadian franchises have always paid for the U'S franchises in failing health? The Senators can name whatever Captain they wish, and they can still get tickets sold. Chris O'neil could have been named and it would have worked. There is no way, no how that Ottawa moves, as it is still a Cash cow to the NHL.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 18:13:43)
Best Left hook ever: was called a sucker punch by majority, but... John Wensink vs Rod Langway Apr 5, 1980 http://youtu.be/kWxBMtWJTmA