Bob_SacamanoMember since December 13, 2009
Habs fan since: 1992
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov, Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Maurice Richard, Saku Koivu
- Comment on Canadiens confirm playoff berth; practice Sunday to prep for Lightning (2015-03-29 14:54:37)
The league just doesn´t care. Especially in the first round of the playoffs we´ll see much worse things. Players trying to injure each other all the time and we keep on reading that "finishing his check" bs. Doan didn´t finish anything. He went for Letang after the puck was gone.
- Comment on Canadiens confirm playoff berth; practice Sunday to prep for Lightning (2015-03-29 13:15:34)
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-29 01:20:34)
Pateryn really deserves some love. Most hits overall are useless. Players leaving their position and the other team picks up the lose puck. When Pateryn hits, usually a teammate picks up the puck. Pateryn can also move the puck. Smart, decent player. Eller had a pretty good game as well. Especially his pass to Weise was great. Interesting for a player who has no vision and can´t pass... DD was absolutely awful. He makes a good move, gains the offensive-zone and hesitates, hesitates and loses the puck over and over again. But hey, let´s keep him playing with Max. He just had his second primary assist on a Pacioretty goal in 2015, on a 4-3 PP.
- Comment on Dinner with Max: An enlightening look at Habs sniper Pacioretty, on the ice and off (2015-03-27 12:47:00)
When players say something positive about their current coach they are certainly always being honest... The only guys who are always wrong about Therrien are the "He is the coach, he is great because our record is great" fans.
- Comment on Dinner with Max: An enlightening look at Habs sniper Pacioretty, on the ice and off (2015-03-27 12:38:42)
The fact that MT wasted the whole third period when it comes to trying something new regarding the first two lines speaks volumes. Why not Galchenyuk at centre, why not Eller with Pacioretty, why not Eller and de la Rose with Galchenyuk at RW? So many interesting options. Sometimes I can´t even get angry about MTs stubbornness. DD was absolutely horrible a couple of times yesterday. It´s laughable that this team is almost certainly going to start the playoff with him as the number 1 centre. MB has to get rid of DD this summer (should have done it earlier) and I´m sure he knows it because MT will always go back to that ridiculous DD-Pacioretty combination. Has MB the balls to do it? I´m not sure. When it comes to the PP there are much bigger problems though. Taking only DD off the PP won´t fix much.
- Comment on Tokarski will get start in goal for Canadiens vs. Jets (2015-03-25 19:34:03)
The main problem is the system. A decent RW could help but wouldn´t change much.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-25 12:43:05)
I understand. I still think Weise isn´t that much better. I personally would rather see Andrighetto playing and either one of them, Weise or DSP being scratched. Like I wrote before, I prefer Weise but not by much.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-25 11:42:58)
Seriously, I don´t want to defend DSP (and I hated that stupid trade from the moment I heard about it) but he doesn´t play with Pacioretty, Weise did. That´s the main reason for the big difference. Both are not more than 4th liners. Weise is just a little bit better.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Predators preview: Mitchell in for Malhotra; Gilbert sidelined (2015-03-24 13:45:50)
Why do people constantly ignore who plays on the left and who on the right? MB could sign Petry and trade Emelin. Then you have Markov, Beaulieu, Tinordi on the left, Subban, Petry, Pateryn on the right + RD Gilbert who also played relatively well on the left recently. Not resigning Petry and keeping Emelin would create another hole on the right and there would still be no room for Tinordi on the left... And no, moving Beaulieu/Tinordi to the right is not a good option.
- Comment on Sharks vs. Canadiens preview: Habs’ Subban fined again for diving (2015-03-21 13:46:24)
If the Sharks take DD and Parenteau? Sure.