Bob_SacamanoMember since December 13, 2009
Habs fan since: 1992
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov, Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Maurice Richard, Saku Koivu
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 20:14:42)
"There was no use for Sekac in our top 6." Hahaha. Is that you, MT? We didn´t even get something good in return.
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 18:55:59)
No, he didn´t. I can´t find the link but Sekac is gone because MT didn´t trust him. A bad trade because of a mediocre head coach. I´m still very disappointed with this. Trading for Jeff Petry was a good move though.
- Comment on Habs acquire Oilers defenceman Jeff Petry and Sabres forwards Brian Flynn and Torrey Mitchell at NHL trade deadline (2015-03-02 18:14:05)
Malhotra for sure. After him it´s between Prust and Mitchell. I like Brandon but please, not on the third line. In my point of view he was horrible with Eller and Sekac and the main reason for the low production of this line. A decent RW could have made a big difference. Other than that I think Prust had a good start to the season but in the last 25-35 games he´s been pretty bad. People always think Bournival has to produce more. Well, he almost always plays less than 10 minutes with pluggers. Prust has 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 12 games and no one seems to mind.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Smith-Pelly to make Habs debut; Thomas a healthy scratch (2015-02-26 11:57:10)
DSP for Thomas would have been a no brainer. DSP for Sekac is a trade that will likely look bad sooner or later.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Smith-Pelly to make Habs debut; Thomas a healthy scratch (2015-02-26 11:54:42)
You know that Devante Smith-Pelly is smaller than Sekac, right? The fact that he hits a lot more has also to do with the fact that he has the puck way less than Sekac...
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Smith-Pelly to make Habs debut; Thomas a healthy scratch (2015-02-26 11:52:31)
Exactly. I think a lot of people are behaving quite ridiculous regarding Sekac at the moment. He is not the next Jagr but to call 28 points in 47 KHL games nothing special for a player who was only 21 at that time is also not right. He has the potential to become a decent second line winger who scores 20-30 goals and 50+ points. Will he reach that potential? We don´t know but at least he has it. Devante Smith-Pelly doesn´t. It´s very likely that we´ll really regret this trade in two or three years.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 13:42:54)
Pastrňák is already playing in the NHL. So if Scherbak has a great camp, why not as early as next season? Whatever, we´re talking about a RW here while Sekac is a LW. We absolutely have no one in our system who is similar to Sekac right now. Unless you move Chucky back to LW, you have to give Andrighetto / Hudon a chance there or you have to find another player elsewhere.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 11:57:56)
Totally disagree. Timo is completely right here. Pacioretty already was a proven player when MT took over. Weise and Emelin were not young anymore and it´s impossible not to have faith in Galchenyuk and Gallagher. Chucky is just too talented and was a top 3 pick while Gallagher works so hard on each shift. As for Eller: MT still doesn´t seem to be a fan. Beaulieu could have easily played his first full NHL season last year and Tinordi his first now. Instead MT played Bouillon and that joke named Murray last season and this year Emelin. Then there´s Sekac. How many games did Weise play on the first line? MT could have given Sekac a chance there. He didn´t and we just traded a very good talent for a lesser player. I also remember MTs reluctance last season to put Subban on the PK. Some actually defended this bs here despite the fact that PK was already very decent shorthanded under Jacques Martin. MT has definitely problems showing a little faith in young players. I´m sure that will continue next season with Scherbak while a similar talent in Pastrňák who happens to be even younger has already played two dozen NHL games...
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 11:33:33)
It´s quite sad that someone like him gets paid well for what he does while others work hard and... Well okay, I don´t work hard either. Anyway, he´s also wrong about Jokinen "getting past his prime days." He´s way past them. Otherwise he could be interesting for our third line. Without Eller and Sekac we are even less likely to get goals from there at the moment.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 18:26:55)
Sure. Someone like you loves trading away a skilled 6´2 winger (who is just 22 years old) with very good potential for a career 3rd liner. For you and some others here MB is God and MT is Jesus. Whatever they are doing is great. Unfortunately it´s not. We gave up the better player and we did that when his value was as low as possible. That´s just dumb and disappointing.