Bob_SacamanoMember since December 13, 2009
Habs fan since: 1992
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov, Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Maurice Richard, Saku Koivu
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 17:37:13)
That´s actually an interesting point which gets overlooked most of the time. PK is now 25, he has played four seasons and he has been underpaid in every single one of them. I know about the ELC but even if you only look at the last two...
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 15:58:14)
It´s not worth arguing with that moron. In general it´s ridiculous that people think PK should sign a long term contract for less than 8 million a year. Phaneuf got 7 last year, Kane and Toews just got 10.5 million each. It´s not difficult to figure out that PK should be getting between 8 and 9.5 million a year.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 13:29:22)
The Prust of last season can be very easily replaced. If Emelin is out, you still have Markov, Beaulieu and Tinordi on the left.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 13:16:19)
By getting rid of players that can be replaced by (much) cheaper ones. Moen, Prust, Bourque, Emelin and the one I shall not name are due to getting more than 15 million combined in 2015/2016. You can easily save 5-10 million here.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 11:42:23)
Of course not but if you value him around 5 million Subban should still get 8-9 million a year. If you have to pay your best player (I´m not including Price) that much money, you do it and save elsewhere.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 11:33:15)
Right, he´s worth around 6 million while Phaneuf gets 7...
- Comment on Habs’ Subban meets media in Brossard as contract talks continue (2014-07-31 16:26:22)
It´s actually more a shot at the ones who keep him. Believe it or not, I like Desharnais. I just hate having him on this team. Especially as a centre. Anyway, this is about Subban. In my point of view he´s worth up to 10 million a year and I don´t see a problem with paying him that much. Of course I´d prefer a 8 year 60 million dollar deal but I don´t think that´s going to happen.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban meets media in Brossard as contract talks continue (2014-07-31 14:59:37)
What a load of bs. Subban is worth that kind of money. Overpaying average players is the real problem. 4 million for Emelin and even worse: 5.35 million for Desharnais and Moen combined. Two players this team doesn´t need at all...
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-25 16:23:22)
Completely meaningless. DD gets more points because he constantly plays with Pacioretty and gets PP time. And no , he isn´t better on the PP than Eller: http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?db=201114&sit=5v4&type=individual&teamid=16&pos=skaters&minutes=100&disp=1&sort=HARTp&sortdir=DESC
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 14:56:25)
Suter is not better than PK. Even if he was a little bit better: Suter is 29, Subban is 25...