Gillies - (Jeremy)Member since September 27, 2010
Habs fan since: Mid '80s
Favorite current player: Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Too hard to decide
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Leafs (2013-04-13 16:00:07)
They really only use from ~2:25-3:20 of the song and loop the heavier part.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Leafs (2013-04-13 15:51:10)
- Comment on AK46 shockwaves (2011-08-12 16:35:23)
Although this instance might be different, I seem to remember the media making quite a deal of the Pacioretty one as well, and questioning whether his time had run out in Montreal. Either way, can't say my appreciation for the media is getting any better...
- Comment on Isles’ goalies, Clouston’s status, Toews’ return (2011-01-04 09:45:53)
LOL nice find!
- Comment on Price to start, O’Byrne, Darche sit (2010-10-15 12:50:10)
True, I forgot about Gill. I figured Hammer's contract would cover Marky and Gorges. I think Gorges will require more than a 1.5 mil raise, however. I would assume he'd command around a 4 million dollar contract, considering he's been solid and is one of our go-to defencemen. I'm sure there will be some deals made as well.
- Comment on Price to start, O’Byrne, Darche sit (2010-10-15 12:31:55)
There will be cap space that's freed up at the end of the season, but Markov is going to require more money. If we want to keep Georges as well, he would command quite a decent raise over his ~1.5 million. Of course, there could be even more money to spend depending what Pouliot and AK do this season. Only time will tell.
- Comment on A Grand Homecoming and a Questioned Suspension (2010-10-13 15:17:06)
Same here, I was at one where I think we lost 5 or 6-1 against the Lightning, and the cheers started after the 3rd goal lol. The only good thing about that game was the free food, as I was in the Dejardin section (I think it was the Air Canada section back then).
- Comment on Audio: Hamrlik returns for home opener (2010-10-12 14:15:25)
I can't decide if that scares me more than last game when I saw O'B on the ice with Picard...
- Comment on Back to the ice (2010-10-12 12:37:42)
Pominville appears to do a quick check over his shoulder before the hit. It's not clear whether he sees the player coming in or not. Even if he saw the hit coming, I can't say that it's a clean hit.
- Comment on Game 1: Canadiens drop opener in Toronto (2010-10-07 13:19:01)
First and foremost, I have no problem with the French language. Je suis anglophone, mais j'aime bien parler en Francais avec mes amis et mes collegues. If you want I can continue a debate in French, but since this is an English site I'll leave it at that.
I have nothing against French players, in fact, I felt really bad that Latendress was brought up so early and had his development stunted. The year he was brought up, I was cheering for a certain Maxime Lapierre (omg, another French player), who got the shit end of the stick after showing promiss the year before and also had a good training camp but was sent down in favor of Gui. He should have had a year or two in the minors to grow. And I never deemed him a failure, in fact, I mentioned how he could and did play well, he just did not do it often enough for my liking.
Favorite players as a kid - Stephane Lebeau, Staphane Richer, Patrick Roy, Guy Carbonneau, Russ Courtnal, Kirk Muller - more French than English