Marc10 - (Marc Enners)Member since December 3, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Flower
- Comment on New Hab Tangradi skates on fourth line at practice; Gilbert demoted to seventh defenceman (2014-11-26 19:55:03)
That's the great HIO dream and it's a hypothetical. I'll say it again, it's a gamble. You know what you get from DD. If Chucky was there, you'd think MB would know it too and would pull that trigger. Anybody would... But like I said, that's the HIO dream and it will eventually come to pass when Chucky is ready. In the meantime, if you do accelerate that process, I suspect you would take a step back if you ditched 51 for Perron. I don't think Chucky fills the gap at centre. It's a big ask to play centre.
- Comment on New Hab Tangradi skates on fourth line at practice; Gilbert demoted to seventh defenceman (2014-11-26 19:08:02)
I have to assume MB/MT feel that it's better for the kids to learn in the AHL. That's clearly how they operate. Over-ripen as they say. Hey, we're in first. I'm curious as to MB's next move.
- Comment on New Hab Tangradi skates on fourth line at practice; Gilbert demoted to seventh defenceman (2014-11-26 18:59:04)
Allen's been pretty terrible. It is early days, but he's a turnover machine. I'm hoping he somehow morphs into a defensive Hal Gill. That would be just fine. I'm not a fan of Gilbert. He's soft and also causes turnovers. But he's better than Allen (just not better than Gonchar...) I suspect these changes are leading to Gilbert being shipped. His two year cap hit has 'we made a mistake/trade' written all over it. Allen is an insurance policy. We can stick him in against the rougher crowd. If we're going to have to put up with turnovers, then Beaulieu is going to eventually take this spot. It can't happen soon enough.
- Comment on New Hab Tangradi skates on fourth line at practice; Gilbert demoted to seventh defenceman (2014-11-26 17:27:39)
Skill wise yes, but this would weaken us at centre in the short term and that could hurt in the win-loss column. It's not like Chucky is great at faceoffs or with his defensive assignments. There's also Patches' production to think of. We know it works with DD. We don't know what will happen with Pleky or Chucky. The learning curve could hurt us in the win-loss column. Perron is a skilled guy. That didn't stop the Blues from letting him go. I'm not sure we gain much here for what is a significant gamble.
- Comment on Canadiens given two days off; Nathan Beaulieu sent to Hamilton (2014-11-24 21:03:33)
Teravainen would look great with his fellow Finnish prospect in our system. Some had him pegged as the most talented player in that draft. I wouldn't write him off just yet. I'm sure Chicago hasn't either. Hudon was right there with Drouin when they were both invited to the Team Canada camp. They both made the team. Unfortunately Hudon's back caused him to bow out while Drouin went on to star in that tournament.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 23:31:19)
7D totally works for this team, but maybe less on a back to back when Patches isn't producing... It's works on two fronts: 1) You get more ice for some of your talented forwards 2) When Yemmy/Gilbert (and now Allen) are dialing in a stinker, you can play them less without necessarily overtaxing Markov of Gonchar Still, I don't get this team. They might not win on a back to back, but really?! Do they have to abandon their goalie like that?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 21:27:14)
When we lose... we lose. Ayoye!
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 20:34:35)
That was pretty embarrassing. Ouch. Of course it's St Louis...
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 20:24:38)
True that. :-) St Louis is flying tonight. Ageless wonder... I like Eller's game. He's working hard and his industriousness will be rewarded. Chucky owes us one too. They'll get it done.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens have MSG issues (2014-11-23 20:12:05)
Optics aren't great here. Momentum is all NYR's way right now. Still, I think we'll make a game of it. One goal and we're right back in it. GHG