Marc10 - (Marc Enners)Member since December 3, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Flower
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-07 07:06:19)
That wasn't a masterpiece... Not the ALN so much as the source material. I thought Budaj would have been done with his recent habit of giving up a softie or two before knuckling down. Guess not... The Coyotes were well within reach tonight. A poor defensive effort and not being able to solve the giant freak Smith when it mattered did the Habs in. Again the DD line and the Markov/PK combo on the PP carried the side. Chucky is looking good for a guy rebounding from injury and there's hope for Vanek with a rested Pleky at his side. Those guys can play against anyone in the league (ask me again after four gruelling playoff rounds...) and they've proven it on this road trip. So ironically, other than the goalies, it's our bottom order that's going be key to our success. I think the pieces are there. There is size and North-South speed and just the right amount of grit. The only thing missing is for Eller and Bourque (the skill in the bottom 6) to see a ©¢¥€®£¿ shrink and to win their match up. MT to my surprise gave Eller all kinds of rope against Phoenix - even after he took yet another stupid penalty in the offensive zone. He let the kid play. Maybe he sees what I see. The top 6 are going to do their job. It's our third line that needs to make the difference... And the skill on that third line needs to shine. Based on what the radio guys are saying, I don't think we'll be seeing Carey during this road trip, so it's going to take a miracle against SJ. The Sharks just ate a Penguin in a third period... For whatever reason Les Boys match up relatively well against the Ducks, and even the Hawks. But the Sharks... they're a MOAR forechecking machine. I'm not religious but I'd consider making some kind of offering to help the boys out... And for our third line to find its mojo. End rant.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 22:35:46)
Eller with Bourque and Chucky. That might just work.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 22:28:45)
Markov is just piling on the points.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 22:28:04)
Do that again!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 22:27:17)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 22:04:28)
Come on PK. Nuke one in on Smith.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 22:02:04)
Next goal gets it done. That dreaded 2 goal lead for Phoenix...
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 20:29:33)
Phoenix vs Columbus would be a tough choice for Nathan Horton. Ah the serenity. So much serenity...
- Comment on HI/O Show: Is Vanek the missing link for Habs? (2014-03-06 19:41:57)
- Comment on HI/O Show: Is Vanek the missing link for Habs? (2014-03-06 18:36:42)
I don't know. Why show the League you're a floater... ever. If you do, no one will even make you an offer and Minny will get you for a lot less than you're really worth. I say pull a 'Moen'. Play your contract year like it's a playoff game and reap the rewards. Float like a 'Ryder' when it matters and see what happens to your paycheck. I'm betting Vanek plays like it matters. There's more than a mil a year difference in contracts between stud playoff performers and floaters.