bobinsask - (Bob Trask)Member since December 2, 2009
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-03 14:45:56)
Sometimes I wonder about the quality of observations made. Bourque played a solid game last night. He was often first on the puck, took the body, came back hard, had some scoring chances and created others yet no mention was made of that. I guess it is easier to just say he didn't score and then start drawing a bunch of conclusions. When he has a bad game, criticize him but if you want to be taken seriously, give him credit when he plays well. It reminds me of the time when the same writer said that while he loved Koivu, it was clear that Gomez was the better player and Koivu was on the backside of his career. As I said, I have to question his powers of observation.
- Comment on Habs enjoy six-day Christmas break in schedule; Pacioretty becomes a dad (2013-12-23 16:12:45)
I don't know what it means... but it is a pathetic attempt at humour
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-20 09:53:47)
It was a very successful move. Bournival added something to the 4th line that made if effective... something it hasn't been this year. Can't see why anyone would complain.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-20 09:51:59)
Pretty good article until you made the bush league comment about Bourque and Heatley. Totally unfair and inaccurate. Why do you feel compelled to take a cheap shot like that.
- Comment on Subban paired with Bouillon at practice (2013-02-01 16:14:19)
I don't think banning the low-five will contribute to team turmoil... quite the opposite. Some of the players probably considered it flaky at best and it puts the onus on PK to become part of the team rather than the focal point of the team.
- Comment on NHL proving that rich people are different (2012-11-24 16:35:41)
Hickey calls the owners who are in the inner circle "a collection of losers." It they are losers, then Hickey is a complete buffoon. Take the example of Murray Edwards, a highly successful Calgary businessman who was born and educated in Saskatchewan. He is a self-made man who has the School of Business at the University of Saskatchewan named for him. Nice evaluation there, Hickey. Hope you know about hockey than you do about business.
- Comment on An offer the PA can and will refuse (2012-07-14 00:23:04)
In the case of Stamkos and Doughty, what do you consider underpaid. Some fans have become so desensitized to multi-million dollar contracts that they consider $4 million to $5 million per year as underpaid.
- Comment on An offer the PA can and will refuse (2012-07-14 00:20:49)
Ummmm.... because many of the owners are losing money. I don't think you grasp the concept of return on investment. The owners don't operate these teams simply for your enjoyment and to make players wealthy... there has to be an opportunity for them to make some money at it as well
- Comment on An offer the PA can and will refuse (2012-07-14 00:17:44)
Yes, I am sure that would look good on Fehr's resume if a bunch of players lost their jobs because franchises folded.
- Comment on An offer the PA can and will refuse (2012-07-14 00:16:17)
Why do you hope that? Why would you not hope for this issue to be resolved?