jimmy shaker - (Jimmy Shaker)Member since December 1, 2009
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: Mathieu Dandenault
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 12:28:10)
hometown discount, room for MB to help the team further with more money to manoeuvre in the future. Very reasonable deal for both sides. Shaker out!
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 12:26:42)
Could be....but this time around MB has to be the flexible one. PK took that bridge contract in good faith......now it's MB's turn. Shaker out!
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 11:46:37)
And another day goes by without our best player (besides our tender) not signed.......how hard is it to get 7.6 mill/per over 8 years done? Lets go MB already! Shaker out!
- Comment on Update: Habs development camp continues in Brossard (2014-07-09 14:48:00)
Aren't these two deals for the hawks a team killer? How does Bowman move forward and make deals with such a huge chunk of his cap tied up in two players? I can't see Chicago keeping/attracting any of their big name players unless the cap goes up at a big margin every year. I could be wrong but I think these two contracts will effect the hawks going forward for years to come. Shaker out!
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-05 23:19:23)
haven't seen that.....everything i've seen was between 7 and 8 mill/per. 9.5 is way too steep for any NHL player in my books especially OV! Shaker out!
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-05 23:08:46)
Because in good faith PK took the bridge contract 2 years ago and now MB is really trying to low ball pk at about 6 - 6.5 mill/per.....which ain't gonna cut it. I'm sure MB has used the leverage of having subban at 8mill/per or more would be hard for him to do business for the habs later on down the line. I'm sure PK knows this and is more than willing to go with 7.5 - 8 mill/per which is more than fair for both sides. Cap will be going up as well over the years with this new Rogers deal as well. So, at the end of the day it's MB who has to get this thing done! And to your point about PK getting hurt potentially and not living up to his contract and thus making him impossible to trade. If that's a major concern, than MB might as well not even look at gally for any kind of raise because the way he plays, he might not even be around long enough to finish his next contract. Point being, PK is worth the money right now and then some. Don't play scared or not to lose.....play to win. It's all on MB here in my opinion. Shaker out!
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-05 22:26:27)
Why is this subban thing so hard......Doughty is at 7mill/per over 8 years. PK gets 7.6 mill/per because of the tax and the pressure of playing in montreal vs L.A. Done.....what's the hold up MB. You made some shrewd moves letting guys go and cutting salary, now make this happen. This is the easiest move he will have to make all summer! Shaker out!
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-02 09:20:15)
Still see MB moving Moen and Bourque to free up more dollars and bring in Kane or Buff from the Peg. Don't think Weaver will be used as an extra D-man as he was basically a cheaper and a little bit better version of Gorges, which was a big factor in MB dealing gorges. So Tinordi and Beaulieu will be battling it out for that 6th spot on the D. Shaker out!
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 23:48:05)
I forgot Sekac is looking like he is the top 6 forward MB was looking for. Slots in next to Pleks and PA. Still have bourque and moen as spare parts. Still think MB will be working the phone and dumping these guys for picks, not sure he will make anymore moves for roster players. Shaker out!
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 23:38:39)
This is true! Shaker out!