sane hockey fan - (C)Member since November 16, 2007
Habs fan since: 1987
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs make Jacob de la Rose their final cut before season opener (2014-10-07 17:46:19)
Nice sample size brah! 17 games. Remember when Ville Leino was the next big thing after a successful playoffs. Or Sean Bergenheim when he scored 9 goals in 16 games. Eller had 26 points in the regular season, then flipped a switch and had 13 in 17 playoff games. So you're conviced that that switch is on permanently? Me, not so much. Then you go on to slag DD as not able to control the puck in the offensive zone. Sorry but we must not be watching the same player. He had 4th most powerplay points last year at 15, only 2 behind Patch and scored 53 points overall, 3rd on the team...yeah what a plug.
- Comment on Preseason Game 2: Galchenyuk hero in OT as Canadiens down Avs (2014-09-26 11:35:15)
flow is a slick harido, not a car.
- Comment on P.K. Subban won’t be in lineup for pre-season opener vs. Bruins (2014-09-23 14:12:59)
Would you like some cheese with that whine?
- Comment on Habs’ Eller sidelined with lower-body injury; junior team trades Scherbak (2014-09-22 14:02:29)
LA Kings were led in fighting majors by Kyle Clifford, hardly a heavyweight. Add to that, the Canadiens were 5th in fighting majors last season while LA was 22nd. So according to your logic, they are not a "tough" team then, right.
- Comment on Habs’ Eller sidelined with lower-body injury; junior team trades Scherbak (2014-09-22 13:55:41)
What are you talking about? Did you watch the Habs last year? How did the Bruins impose their will if they lost the season series and then lost again in the playoffs? Chicago imposes their will with speed, skill and puck possession, not through fighting. LA does it with the same speed, a bit less skill and bit more checking.
- Comment on Habs’ Eller sidelined with lower-body injury; junior team trades Scherbak (2014-09-22 13:51:52)
Thank you! I've been coming here for what? 7 years? And every season we worry about "toughness" vs the bruins, leafs, flyers, etc. And every year the same arguments get re-hashed over and over again. Yet somehow, the habs make it out of the season well ahead of the leafs, we never struggle against the flyers and the bruins... how much did their "toughness" help them in the playoffs last year? Fighting in the NHL is on it's way out, these guys contribute nothing and they prevent nothing. Cheap shots happen whether there is a tough guy in the lineup or not. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good scrap as good as the next guy, but please don't have me believe having a heavyweight in the lineup will make the Canadiens a better team.
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-16 15:40:34)
Or, you know, not at all...
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-16 15:38:56)
Yes, we all know the best way to teach a kid that violence is wrong is... to punish them with violence. Works like a charm!
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 14:30:26)
When combined with the national package of 40 Canadiens games, the NHL on Sportsnet will deliver to fans all 82 regular season games across nine channels including CBC, City, Sportsnet (East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 and FX Canada. WFT?! 9 Channels...Could this be any more confusing...
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-19 10:01:37)
How do you know they aren't? Oh wait, you don't. Like every other comment on this site, your complaint is based purely on speculation.