Rugger - (Arni Swanson)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1960's
Favorite current player: Maxpac
All-time favorite player: Dryden
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 07:55:11)
You can be forgiven since it is Mondou Morning.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 07:50:35)
Do you know if Gianta had previously had either shoulder repaired for a dislocation? My bicep tear happened several years after that due to all the muscles in the shoulder area being "shortened" by the repair. Several years later, I grabbed a rugby jersey and the player turned away pulling my arm toward the back and it snapped.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-24 11:11:41)
I was fortunate, going to UVM in the mid 70's, we had a lot of great shows - Loggins & Messina, New Riders, Dylan's Rolling Thunder Review etc. Probably my favorite though was Michael Hurley. Since college, tops would be Taj Mahal from the front row, Dylan and the Dead with Jerry on Pedal Steel and Richard Thompson joining Fairport Convention at the Newport Folk Festival. Best Festival - Grassroots Festival in Ithaca, NY (run by Donna the Buffalo).
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-15 10:33:03)
I have no problem with the ALS association using any gimmick they can to get people donating. As I mentioned earlier, I prefer to donate locally (going to Vermont this afternoon to support the Hospice program at a small hospital where my dad passed away), also donating time can be as important or more so than money. One of the best times I've had with coworkers was making 500 sandwiches every Friday for local kids who's best meal during the school year was the free lunch but had nothing during the summer months. It felt great to do that.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 13:35:58)
I find it most effective to contribute locally rather than the "big" charities. This Friday, I am walking for the "Garden Room" which is a Hospice suite where my father passed away early July. It is entirely paid for by contributions, my mother was not given a bill for the 5 days he was there and all of us were able to spend quality time with him, in fact my mother and I were there at the end. I know 100% of the money donated this week will go to helping other families deal with horrible times in a very comfortable and caring setting.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-07 18:06:52)
Luke, It's alright, I'm not even going to think twice about it.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 18:37:05)
My thought is that 75% at least of the BS would be gone by November if the NHL did two things - Call penalties as the rule book is written, no leeway, no taking the situation into consideration and two go back to full two minute penalties, if your PP is good enought to pop two in two minutes you won't have much BS happening to your team.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 09:12:36)
It could very well have been the exact same offer MB gave before arb. and Meehan pushed PK to say no. I don't think we will ever know the details and the whys of how it went so far.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 13:51:12)
I think it is just offer sheet matching
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 13:49:08)
MMMM Peanut Butter and Cheese!