Corporate - (Philip Teoli)Member since November 15, 2007
Habs fan since: Been a while...
Favorite current player: Brian Gionta
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-26 09:31:36)
I miss Cassavant
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-26 09:25:23)
As much as this rumor is going around, I cannot see what Perron would bring more to the Canadiens. I think that right now we need to get our first line going but adding Perron in any capacity does not mean better. He already scored goals, so did Bourque, and look at where he is now.
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-26 09:23:46)
I understand your frustration but let us be honest. Therrien has a way of pressing the right buttons. he has done real well with taking a last place team and getting them to improve every year since he has been here. However, the team is not perfect. The power play is one of them. I know that he is not the one that is directly in charge of the power play but he is the coach. I find that aspect has been lacking direction of a while. The 5 players out there seem lost. Secondly, the line shuffling. The only people that he does not touch is DD and Max, why? DD has shown some flashes of being ok this year but for the most part he is making bad decisions and always looking for the pass which is predictable. Switching him lines could do him some good. I also think the handling of Tinordi and beaulieu could have been done better. I think that they should have kept Tinordi and live with his mistakes like they did with PK. After all that, I would give Therrien an 8. He is good but could be a little better.
- Comment on Canadiens given two days off; Nathan Beaulieu sent to Hamilton (2014-11-25 09:27:03)
Why? How many first rounders did they get? They do not need another young player, they need experience. A little like what Buffalo did with adding Gionta and Gorges. I also believe that they are not being coached properly. if I were them I may try to get Babcock and see if he bites.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-17 07:26:41)
I have to admit Gaston Therrien is right though. Having 7 defense every night, could kill you in the long run. we are missing a body on the 4th until Bournival is back which could take a while.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 07:33:11)
I don't think that the 7 D thing will stick. It was a back up plan in case Old man Gonchar couldn't take it. I think the next game we will dress a forward.
- Comment on Rene Bourque clears waivers, sent to Hamilton by Canadiens; Drayson Bowman called up (2014-11-10 14:24:22)
He plays on the fourth line that is a shutdown line. I do not think they are looking for offence there.
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:40:12)
I thought it was only 900 000$ is covered if he goes to Hamilton.
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:34:08)
Actually I remember getting him, the scouting on him was that he plays one of every 5 games. I also remember noting that 3.3 Million was way to high of a pay for an inconsistent player. However at the time he was the best that we could land. Times have changed (GM, Coaches, Team... etc).
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 09:32:39)
That may be true, but Bournival just has speed and as much as I think he has good hands, he has not shown it here in the NHL except for the pre-season last year. Sekac is not a Moen replacer,he a Bourque replacer. In order to see what he can do, I would like to see Bournival on the first or second line in place of P.A. Parenteau. Just a few games to see what he can do.