jkirk - (Leonard Epp)Member since October 22, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens rally late but lose road trip opener 5-4 (2012-03-07 14:57:23)
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens drop fifth in a row (2012-03-01 15:23:18)
Garon was amazing, he did steal the game for Tampa, and Price's performance was ordinary. It was a 2-1 game and Garon's goaltending was the difference. But facts and the defence of Price have little to do with each other... and btw solo066 I'd genuinely like to know what makes you think Price gets all the heat in Montreal (as opposed to keepers in the past). On the contrary, most of what I see are weird rationalizations in his defence. E.g. his success at junior level or his all star appearances or his supposed potential are somehow supposed to compensate for his ho-hum record in the past few years.
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 16:11:32)
I'm going to keep watching but I feel pretty much the same way Habfan4lfe. The Habs are in 15th place and so the one thing we have proof of is that the management does not know what it's doing; and unless they can unlearn their stupidities, as long as it's the same management, we're going to be stuck with the same frustration.
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 12:26:16)
Thanks for the answers. Though I have to say I agree with this guy. That chart about Halak outperforming Price seems pretty irrefutable to me. http://playoffindex.com/canadiens-for-a-better-tomorrow-tomorrow/
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 12:03:24)
Agreed... I remember also Carbo had one bad year and was fired... and Martin had one baddish half-year and was fired... Pleks was our top scorer for the last two years and they're talking about trading him now...
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 11:51:30)
Does anyone know if there's anything contractual preventing the Habs from trading Price?
- Comment on Back to Boston (2011-04-26 15:50:25)
We can't repeat history, because the Bruins are no Capitals.
- Comment on Voices (2010-09-26 13:01:38)
It's also POST the season when Halak led us to our best playoff result in 17 years. Diffidence would be more appropriate.
- Comment on Can’t do in Kanata (2010-09-25 21:53:26)
Exactly. Well said. I find the strangest thing about the Price discourse is that so many fans are simply in denial - or I suppose are in simple acceptance - of Gainey's obsession, and rather ironically try and deflect our attention to 'the team' when it is the team's management that has sacrificed the team to one individual's obsession with one player.
- Comment on Habs beat Senators, now 1-1 (2010-09-25 13:40:49)