adesbarats - (Aden Sbarats)Member since October 22, 2009
Barrington Passage, NS
Habs fan since: 1972
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: The whole 1970s roster!
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-10 18:48:15)
And I bet u have a picture of him in your locker:)
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 17:31:58)
1. If you can get a goon who is a two way player with some scoring ability then, sure, why not? 2. No, he won't because 1 above is not available. 3. Yes 4. Yes 5. Pleks or Markov
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 12:53:30)
Dunno. How big are you? If you're at least 72" tall and 48" wide you might be a shoe in..
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 12:48:02)
I think its quite likely BriPro already got those subscribers via an opt in process. That is a requirement under international anti-spam regs. His beef is that he now has to get them to all opt in AGAIN. This costs money, time and irritates customers because, no doubt, their in boxes are already being flooded by every other honest company that is trying to follow the new rules. He will lose many subs because of dishonest spammers who don't follow the rules. I feel for you Bipro but not a lot you can do other than "grin and bear it"
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 13:49:55)
You want to make oodles of money AND make a difference? Get into artificial intelligence R&D. You'll have to move to Silicon valley cause not much going on in Canada. It's where the next game changing technological break through will be, assuming we don't go extinct because of it.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 13:44:26)
Chris, I do believe we can place a lot of the blame for a lack of innovation squarely at the feet of this current govt. We have two excellent programs specifically designed to stimulate innovation in this country. They are IRAP (Industrial Research Assistance Program) and SRED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development). Both were great programs that encouraged spending on R&D. Both are a shadow of what they were prior to the Conservatives. Then we have the gutting of scientific institutions by this current govt. They eliminated the office of National Science Advisor, they cut the Great Lakes project, they cut funding at the Cdn Institute for Science, they cut the long form census, they reduced funding to the NSERC program, they ended a 40 year program in the arctic monitoring the ozone layer. And on and on. It is estimated that over 40 science based programs have been cut but no one is certain because most have been quietly axed. I think around 6,000 scientists are now looking for work, most likely outside the country. We have been set back at least 10 years by this failure of a govt.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 11:01:58)
Thanks Chris / Shiram. Starting to feel better :)
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 10:59:26)
My main concern was a team that has lots of cap space. A team that is building a young core and doesn't expect to reach peak with that young core until say 5 years out. Maybe a team like that might make some crazy offer sheet like 10 years at 9mil per knowing that cap inflation will help cover. And now they have a guy they can build around. But yeah, you're probably right. If that was a real scenario, probably would have happened by now.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 10:47:41)
It would seem to me that the longer we go without signing PK, the greater the risk of someone slipping in with a crazy offer sheet. Am I just being paranoid? Can someone please put my mind at ease.
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-07-01 11:51:47)
I know. Immensely annoying. I hate TSN so much right now.