JohnBellyful - (JB)Member since September 25, 2010
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
-- "A little song, a little dance, A little seltzer down your pants." --
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens head west riding four Ws (2015-02-28 22:23:49)
I'm just so happy Price worked with Malhotra on his wrist shot.
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 17:23:47)
MacLean will try to set him straight and Cherry will shout him down, yelling 'Shaddup!', whereupon MacLean belts him in the nose. A guy can dream, can't he?
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 17:01:14)
Prediction: Cherry will have a critical comment to make about the Habs, no matter what the score of the game is, where the two teams are in the standings, who has the better players. He loved Clarkson but Nonis will be a genius for getting rid of his insane contract. ... Wait a minute, Smith-Pelly's from Scarborough, right? Okay, Cherry will say something nice about the Canadiens, in a backhanded kind of way, no doubt.
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 09:21:24)
A break now and then is good for the soul. We all need an occasional respite from the hurly-burly. [Uh, not you, Burli. Burly. The hurly one.]
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 08:52:45)
Sorry to read about it. His penalties used to bug me back in the day, but he was a colourful character and couldn't help but like him -- although there were exceptions, Kapp being one. I see the story originated in the Star, which I did deliver. Often the same day as publication.
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 08:44:57)
Loved the article, and am now impressed even more by Bergevin -- the GM, the person, the family man, and friend.
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 08:31:55)
Morning, Burl. Where's Gentleman Jim these days? Don't believe he's posted lately. I know there is an ebb and flow to posters' contributions but a prolonged lapse in offering comment by some makes you realize all the more how welcome their views are on the team and other matters. Hope to see his moniker again soon. (As for the stories behind the headlines you'll have to visit Faux News.)
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 07:30:07)
More headlines: Coach's 'koochie koochie koo' helps Eller end scoring slump Price works with Malhotra on wrist shot Gallagher roughed up after crashing wedding Bernier 'appalled auntie terrorist group led by a woman' Is trade involving Weaver looming? Therrien 'thrilled' Sekac pots hattrick TSN insider misses trade deadline day, 'thought it was Tuesday' Bernier impressed 'Selma carried on husband's civil service fight' Seven-team 28-player deal awaits league approval Bergevin spotted buying suit at Walmart Red-hot Leafs talking 12th in conference Bernier 'saddened inventor of vulcanized rubber puck dies' Bettman statue at all 30 rinks proposal draws fire Nonis acquires Pronger, Savard in separate deals Survey finds 57 per cent of NHL officials have 'glanced through' rule book Lupul out six weeks with lower body injury after breaking wind Fucale's positioning questioned after yielding three empty-net goals Bernier says Leafs Stanley Cup contenders
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-28 00:05:26)
Devante Smith-Pelly could be seen on the telly Chomping down on his mouthguard with great relish Devante Smith-Pelly, did it taste like green jelly? To this viewer, it looked rather hellish. Watching Smith-Pelly on the bench made me wonder: Do they make flavoured mouthguards? Because if they don't they should. Remember those candy wax containers from your youth – o, those many decades ago, my fellow codgers – where you would bite off the top and suck out the flavoured drink, and chew what was left because even though it lacked taste you had to get your pennies' worth? Maybe they should do that with mouthguards. All you do is bite into them to release the sugary contents. Make them disposable, or refillable, whichever works best. Or you could drench them with mouthwash, so sweaty athletes could at least have a breath that's stays ever fresh. Or infuse them with a substance of a, of a ... stimulative nature, yeah, that's it, a stimulative nature, to ensure top performances game in and game out. If this stuff's not being done, I'm declaring this post a patent intending.
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 23:14:07)
MB's a genius. (But he'll probably be criticized for not getting rid of some of the team's baggage.)