habs001 - (martin smart)Member since October 19, 2009
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-07 01:07:56)
Hopefully better effort on saturday
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 21:52:32)
Habs winless in last 5 games in regulation...
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 21:51:45)
at least Capitals,Tampa and Blue Jackets losing..no the Habs not catching the Bruins...hopefully Colorado comes back vs Detroit...
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 65 – Coyotes maul Canadiens 5-2 (2014-03-06 21:45:12)
Plecks is having a really bad game so far
- Comment on Vanek set to make Habs debut in Phoenix; Gorges returns to Montreal (2014-03-06 16:02:17)
Vanek was a very good pick up as you need scoring in the playoffs...Hopefully the consistent scorers on the team maintain their pace in the playoffs and the Habs get a couple of the under performers to raise their production...As i mentioned earlier it is great that the team picked up 7/10 points in the last 5 games but non in regulation and if you are constantly in overtime in a series you can win that series fast but you can be elliminated just as fast..no loser points or s/o in the playoffs..
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-06 06:32:01)
7 out of 10 points last 5 games is very good for the regular season...but none of those points in regulation time...This is why the acquisition of Vanek is huge.....in the playoffs if you are constantly going into overtime it can go right for you but just as easily you can be elliminated very fast... it would also be good if one of the under performing forwards had a little scoring streak in the playoffs...If the last 5 games were playoff games the Habs would be down 2 games to 1 and waiting on the 2 s/o games...so the last 5 games look great for the regular season but if it was playoffs the Habs could have been beaten 4 games to 1 ...
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 21:59:57)
The Leafs have a bad D yet they are one point behind the Habs..in the regular season scoring can hide a bad D..
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 21:47:03)
33 year old Miller but number 39 in Sabres fans hearts..
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 21:39:46)
The reality is that it is very unlikely that the Habs will add scoring to this years roster...This years Habs scoring wise are a bottom third team...Beyond maybe having a short scoring streak(hopefully in the playoffs) the players are what they have been for the majority of the season scoring wise...I believe management realizes this and they know that they will have to win in the playoffs in a similiar style they beat the Caps a few years ago....above average goaltending...lots of puck luck in the D zone and counter attack goals...the Habs will not be the dominant team in the playoffs..they will be the hang on for dear life team that will need lots of luck,breaks and flukey goals..
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 18:24:52)
If the Habs get 0 points on this road trip or 8 points it will have no bearing on their first round series if they make the playoffs....