bwoar - (Biff Malibu)Member since October 15, 2009
Habs fan since: 1980
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 17:07:57)
A 23-year old natural born goalscoring LW who can punch people out, averaging 50pts / season based on total games played - sure, sure, those are just raining everywhere across the NHL. Practically worthless those types. So let's try to get that guy for DD, a raw prospect unable to crack the roster and a low 1st round pick. Yep, that'll happen.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 16:09:16)
People still trying send peanuts to WPG for E. Kane, eh? It's been 2 years that I've maintained that the Jets won't trade him. You'd think by now the Proposal Brigade would come up with some new material. How come no one's trying to get, say, Tommy Wingels out of San Jose?
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 15:47:51)
Backes and Oshie are both back from concussions. They have played the last few games.
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:58:39)
Did I miss this exchange being posted here? Milbury: "I wished I skipped it (being a GM) and went straight to being team President." McKenzie: "So do the Islanders." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpL4tMtYRs&feature=youtu.be
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:50:26)
Firewagon hockey - that's what all those great statistical analyses have led you to? Siddown grandpa, and have another Extra Old Stock. You'll need lots of those to digest all the losing your team would do if they played how you are suggesting. The Washington Capitals tried that, with far greater firepower than we have- and it led to a string of coaches being fired and disappointments they still may not have recovered from. Another NHL player needed to publicly comment that "they play the wrong way" before they realized their error. The era of "Firewagon Hockey" has been dead and buried for over 20 years. Cheezus Rice and G-d on a Cob, son, you wanna play firewagon hockey and you don't think faceoffs would be important?!?!?! [HEAD EXPLODING INTENSIFIES]
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:42:33)
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:17:26)
@Timo Bournival's got a shoulder injury and likely out for a week or two more.
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:15:45)
It's key situations that I want Malholtra in for - a faceoff in our own zone with a 1 goal lead and the other team has a PP and their goalie pulled. (For instance.) It's in those times I am very happy that we've got MM and when a Game 7 hinges on that situation, everyone else will too. (As you did mention, krob, but just in case that point gets lost!)
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:12:39)
http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/montreal-canadiens/sports-owners This article needs more attention. Kudos to President GM.
- Comment on Mike Weaver will be game-time decision as Habs face Blues (2014-11-20 13:10:49)
I'm gonna shut my eyes when that 3rd pair is on the ice ;D Weaver is totally our new Josh Gorges. A defense-first #6 who ends up on top of Carey Price, but blocks enough shots to make those miscues tolerable.