bwoar - (Biff Malibu)Member since October 15, 2009
Habs fan since: 1980
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 13:13:15)
I wouldn't mind Draw Stafford. We're overall weak on the right wing. It really depends on the price.
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 12:47:15)
I don't think they will sneak in, judging by the standings.
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 12:46:47)
I suspect they will try to make a deal, but until they deal with Richards it's gonna be tough. They're not dead out of the postseason, but, it ain't looking good. After some unfortunate gambling on a player out of sentimental reasons, will the GM double down and try a desperate move to make the postseason? Maybe so, sure. But who knows, might be they decide to sell, since things aren't looking too good.
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 12:43:11)
Family reasons. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=748376
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 12:42:16)
On another note: if the Powerplay produces at an average rate from here on in, say, 20% - we won't need to add any players at all. We'll win more games based on that alone. Getting that PP working can be the last piece, rather than looking externally for more firepower.
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 12:36:22)
Link in that article points to LA Kings salaries.... they have 5 (mostly) important RFAs to sign before next season: Nolan, Clifford, Toffoli, Pearson and Nick Shore. In addition to Regher, Williams and Jarret Stoll being UFAs. Look for them to be selling at the deadline. I doubt they make the playoffs.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 11:42:18)
Yep, after he was fired by the Sabres. Good memory!
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 11:41:05)
Sarcasm aside, he did point out some things that folks might have ignored. I'd be curious to see what else Emelin might've accomplished if he hadn't been kicked out. And, there really are a lot of people that hate Emelin.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 11:39:12)
That's your preference, OK by me. We saw different things. Glad for the win either way.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 11:37:08)
I am a big fan of DW, but I agree that Sekac has more business there. I think the idea is to add a physical, gritty presence to the line that the young Czech doesn't bring, rather than the skillz. Weise is a 3rd liner, but has done remarkably well wherever they've put him. Ultimately I think Sekac also prefers LW, so, there's more than just skill at play. But I agree with you in principle, absolutely that we should have our top guys on line 1.