ArmyFan - (Pat Murphy)Member since October 11, 2009
Habs fan since: 1972
Favorite current player: Brandon Prust
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semi-final Game 2 – Canadiens blow third-period lead, series tied (2014-05-03 16:45:05)
Hamilton is good, and I think he'll be great. But don't forget he's playing with Chara. We all know how a great defenceman can make someone else look good (see KOMISAREK, MIKE).
- Comment on Bruins denounce racist comments about Habs’ Subban (2014-05-02 21:58:26)
Lots of socio-economic reasons as to why there are so few black hockey players. $500-$1000 worth of equipment, some of which needs to be replaced every year for growing kids. $500-$1000 a year for league registration fees. $500-$600 per tournament (hotels, restaurants, fees), when even house league teams do 2 or 3 every year. Never mind the costs on top of all of those for competitive hockey. Unfortunately, there are lots of people -- a disproportionate number of which are African-American/Canadian -- who simply can't afford that. You can learn to play basketball with a $10 ball and a public court. Which is why there won't be any "overtaking" any time soon. That said, it's sad that there are hockey players out there who can't afford to figure out that they're hockey players, regardless of race.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-02 10:28:20)
Re: splitting up the DD line, Therrien can't help himself. Changing lines for him is like a smoker that lights up every time he gets a bit antsy. I'm not a MT basher like some, but that aspect of his coaching drives me bananas.
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 18:30:26)
I, as well, feel a significant and seemingly infinite lack of love for them.
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 18:29:07)
Nah...that just makes me laugh -- at them...lol
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 14:45:54)
I'm always angry. It makes me happy.
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 14:44:46)
Well said. Good perspective. There's a difference between 'edge' and 'intensity', and hating. It is just a word, but words matter, and it conjures up a lot of emotions, which in turn lead to behaviour. At the end of the day - it's a sport. Maybe if there was less hate between teams and players, we wouldn't be seeing the alarming number of head and other injuries resulting from stupid plays.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-23 10:04:56)
Friedman and Weekes are the only 2 of that bunch that are worth listening to. The rest are a bad joke.
- Comment on Prust will be in Habs lineup for Game 1 (2014-04-16 17:23:26)
My dad is 76 yrs old. Born and raised in Eastern Ontario, moved north to work in the mines in the 1960s. By all accounts should be a Leafs fan. But he's a die-hard Canadiens fan through and through. I often wondered why, but never really questioned it. Here's the possible kicker - he's Irish-Canadian Catholic. He has told me plenty of stories, and I've read more, that the whole Catholic/Protestant 'conflict' was alive and well in Ontario well into the 1960s and 1970s. Since 'Taranna' was seen as the capital of Protestant-dominated Ontario, this could very well be the reason.
- Comment on Habs looking to clinch playoff home-ice advantage vs. Islanders (2014-04-10 15:24:23)
There was one point last night where the puck came back outside of Chicago's blue line. Habs maintained possession, but were waiting for everyone to clear the zone before going back in. There's Bourque, in the zone and skating out as if the whistle had just been blown - ZERO effort. He shows flashes of greatness, but man he's frustrating. Small guys with heart would kill to have his size and skill.