ArmyFan - (Pat Murphy)Member since October 11, 2009
Habs fan since: 1972
Favorite current player: Brandon Prust
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-21 09:25:43)
Not a bad idea. Another option would be that in addition to the offender's suspension, the offender's team has to sit out a player of equal calibre to the injured player for the duration of the injury. Set some objective criteria (e.g. salary, scoring, etc) to make the comparison. Too often the offender is a bum, and the injured player is a contributor to his team. This would fix that.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end homestand with a win (2014-12-20 18:32:37)
There are different types of leaders. Some are flamboyant, loud and outspoken. Others are quiet professionals who lead by example. There is no template. Markov is the latter. Sure, he's not TSN's favourite guy to interview, but it's not them that matter - it's how his teammates view him.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end homestand with a win (2014-12-20 18:29:51)
They'll make the right call - if he's ready, they'll let him play. If not, they won't. At this level, nothing is taken lightly.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Peter Budaj to Winnipeg Jets (2014-10-05 13:11:03)
Don't know much about Tangradi, but looks like another 4th line winger, 25 yrs old. Played 55 games last year with the Jets, so big-league potential - will likely get called up once the injuries start. Does this now for sure mean the end of Moen in a Habs jersey? Also wish Peter Budaj well. Not fair to a classy vet like him to be fighting for a spot. Best of luck.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semi-final Game 2 – Canadiens blow third-period lead, series tied (2014-05-03 16:45:05)
Hamilton is good, and I think he'll be great. But don't forget he's playing with Chara. We all know how a great defenceman can make someone else look good (see KOMISAREK, MIKE).
- Comment on Bruins denounce racist comments about Habs’ Subban (2014-05-02 21:58:26)
Lots of socio-economic reasons as to why there are so few black hockey players. $500-$1000 worth of equipment, some of which needs to be replaced every year for growing kids. $500-$1000 a year for league registration fees. $500-$600 per tournament (hotels, restaurants, fees), when even house league teams do 2 or 3 every year. Never mind the costs on top of all of those for competitive hockey. Unfortunately, there are lots of people -- a disproportionate number of which are African-American/Canadian -- who simply can't afford that. You can learn to play basketball with a $10 ball and a public court. Which is why there won't be any "overtaking" any time soon. That said, it's sad that there are hockey players out there who can't afford to figure out that they're hockey players, regardless of race.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-02 10:28:20)
Re: splitting up the DD line, Therrien can't help himself. Changing lines for him is like a smoker that lights up every time he gets a bit antsy. I'm not a MT basher like some, but that aspect of his coaching drives me bananas.
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 18:30:26)
I, as well, feel a significant and seemingly infinite lack of love for them.
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 18:29:07)
Nah...that just makes me laugh -- at them...lol
- Comment on Therrien won’t reveal Habs’ lineup until game time (with locker-room videos) (2014-05-01 14:45:54)
I'm always angry. It makes me happy.