BeachHabFan - (Tom M)Member since October 2, 2009
Habs fan since: 1974
Favorite current player: Scott Gomez
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Exclusive: ‘Would have been interesting,’ Robinson says of Habs post (2012-07-02 15:23:44)
So - lots a talk bout jagr but nothing was really there. NO talk bout Parise ... Maybe that's the delay? Still think it's Armstrong and health check as I posted this a.m.
- Comment on Audio: Prust wants to be part of exciting change with Habs (2012-07-02 11:14:09)
It's quiet out there... Too quiet...
- Comment on Audio: Prust wants to be part of exciting change with Habs (2012-07-02 09:19:41)
Still no mention of Armstrong from habs. Maybe he has to pass a physical?
- Comment on Audio: Prust wants to be part of exciting change with Habs (2012-07-02 08:41:25)
i mentioned below, my prob with a guy like semin is the leading by example aspect. in habs case, you've got eller, AG, collberg, etc either on the team or in hamilton and if you want them to be a certain type of player and have a winning team mindset, you need certain types of guys to follow. semin, ak46, and those types just don't fit the bill. You are right about the production, tho!
- Comment on Audio: Prust wants to be part of exciting change with Habs (2012-07-02 08:35:50)
Woke up this am feeling pretty good about the team. we ain't winning the cup this year but MB really seems to have a plan in place and putting character veterans on the ice that will mentor and guide our decent pool of prospects is a lot better than trying to bring in a big dollar piece to try to solve your problems all at once. I can see how prust and armstrong (if healthy) will add grit (which helps everyone, especially young kids coming up from hammy or junior) and will also take a load off of plekky and let him get some offensive time for a change I think the cube is more to PK's style than kaberle or campoli is, a lot of grit and hitting and edge, and any pressure we can take off PK to let him develop is for the best; doing it en Francais to boot is a nice bonus i don't mind the idea of Jagr at all and would give him a two-year deal for the same reasons; if MB's plan is to take a year or two to establish foundation for a perpetual contender, then how great woud it be for leblanc and pleks and AG and collberg to have jaromir fvkn jagr as a guy to watch and listen to and work out with? the focus on character and grit and team-first is what you need if you're trying to mold the minds and games of a bunch of promising young kids. i'm tired of the AK46 and radulov types, and i like where MB is heading...
- Comment on Audio: Prust wants to be part of exciting change with Habs (2012-07-02 08:24:39)
they have to talk though, no?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust (2012-07-01 13:54:34)
i wonder if they really wanted burish but lost out to ANA, so colby was 2nd choice?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust (2012-07-01 13:51:45)
if we're gonna go through a season or two as transition before prospects move up i'd rather see us sign cheap, short term deals for these kinds of guys (who'd protect the prospects as well) than big $ deals like whitney just signed. not my first choice (pref langunbrunner or doan signing, etc) and he may be a second or third option for MB too, but I still like it enough
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust (2012-07-01 13:43:27)
despite injuries i really like colby armstrong signing. funny as hell (he was on the radio here a bunch during his rehab stints), team first guy, nasty hitter (as we and saku koivu remember well). CHaracter comes first in the new regime, and i like it. (we really do need a top 6 LW if we plan to compete for the cup tho. maybe not this year, but still...)
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust (2012-07-01 13:35:59)
well, if you don't hit, and avoid getting hit, and avoid the net, and don't block shots...