AliHaba - (Al Gallant)Member since September 24, 2009
Habs fan since: Conception
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Henri Richard
- Comment on Episode 8: Ron Reusch joins the panel to discuss the billion-dollar Canadiens and share stories about Viktor Tikhonov and Pat Quinn (2014-11-26 18:25:12)
Great job once again Stu. I look forward to your discussion each week. Also nice of you to mention our friend Alex who seems to be taking giant steps to recovery.
- Comment on Former Canadien Gilles Tremblay dead at age 75 (2014-11-26 13:29:12)
Gilles Tremblay was one of my favourite Habs as I became entrenched in the team's aura. He sometimes played with Henri Richard and Bobby Rousseau on a line that had such speed they put fear into the hearts of the opposition. RIP Gilles
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 15:00:02)
Quick is American.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Penguins should be a dandy (2014-11-18 14:11:09)
23.2% of the season played and the Habs have 31.2% of the points they need to make the play-offs. That's all the analytics I need.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 09:55:54)
20.7% of the schedule completed and the Habs have 26.9% of the points they need for a play-off spot. That's all the analytics I need.
- Comment on Rene Bourque clears waivers, sent to Hamilton by Canadiens; Drayson Bowman called up (2014-11-10 17:57:29)
Thoughts and prayers with you Alex.
- Comment on Emotional night as Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 raised to the rafters of Bell Centre (2014-11-09 17:44:45)
This is huge! Making room for new blood.
- Comment on Emotional night as Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 raised to the rafters of Bell Centre (2014-11-09 17:40:45)
I, for one, have no issue with any of the 18 uniform retirees to date. Having said that, I see no rush in retiring any more until the Habs win more Cups and members of those teams can be celebrated (I'm hoping for #'s 31 and 76 at least). One thing I'd like to see and it's been mentioned before, is a tribute of sorts for Toe Blake and Scotty Bowman. Toe's body of work as a Habs' player is not enough to have his #6 retired but as a coach, he and Scotty (who never played an NHL game) are at the head of the list. To refute the argument (put forth by those luminaries of insight, Glenn Healy and UCE) that if the Habs don't stop retiring numbers they'll run out...well do the math. 15 retired numbers plus Gretzky's 99 which is league-retired equals 16 numbers from 1 to 99. 99-16=83 numbers still available. 23 roster spots from 83 numbers leaves 60 numbers...SIXTY! Enough for almost 3 more teams.
- Comment on Emotional night as Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 raised to the rafters of Bell Centre (2014-11-09 17:13:20)
Henri Richard holds the most important record with 11 (count 'em) 11 Stanley Cups as a player. Yvan Cournoyer is right behind him with 10 (tied with Jean Beliveau). Henri had over 1,000 career points and won 5 Cups after his famous brother retired. Yvan scored 40 or more goals 4 times. These players were major cogs in much of the past success of our beloved Habs.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-09 09:56:43)
Who is Georges?