AliHaba - (Al Gallant)Member since September 24, 2009
Habs fan since: Conception
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Henri Richard
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-29 10:12:24)
Well I thought I was immune to the TV foul-ups with my combination of RDS, HNIC, Sportsnet and City. So yesterday I discover that RDS in their wisdom moved the Habs to RDS2 in favour of the World Series. RDS2 is not available from Eastlink (my cable provider). So I get in touch with Brittany from Eastlink and she tells me to open the TV schedule on the Sportsnet website and lo and behold! the Habs are on Sportsnet East and West. I tell her that on the program listing on the TV it shows the World Series on both those channels but she says that's an error. So I'm happy right? Wrong. As I prepare for the Habs' game to come on I get a feeling of trepidation. Will they really cut away from the World Series? Of course they won't. Pissed off I head for the ol' fart sack. So this morning I call Eastlink again. Unable to talk to Brittany, I explain the situation to Lisa. She says that Sportsnet arbitrarily will black out games. I ask her if they could not possibly ask for an email from Sportsnet informing them of any changes so they would not be giving out false information. She says Sportsnet doesn't care and it's all a money grab. The game was available on Centre Ice only. And so I hear without HD. What a pile of crap. How can a corporation advertise something on their website and arbitrarily change it with no recourse?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-28 12:52:08)
Just got off the phone with my cable provider and the Habs' game is on Sportsnet East and West. On the TV listing it showed the World Series on both channels. Apparently the Sportsnet people were in the provider's (Eastlink) office today and informed them of the change. Brittany (Eastlink's employee) told me that Sportsnet has been a nightmare so far but things are starting to slowly smooth out.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-28 11:33:04)
So, I'm here on PEI and felt comfortable that I was going to get every Habs' games this season through a combination of RDS, HNIC, CITY and Sportsnet. When I printed off the TV schedule last month tonight's game was listed on RDS. Today I find out that that has changed (due to the World Series I guess) and the Habs' game is on RDS2 and CITYM, neither of which is carried by my provider. I hope this is a "one of" but I can't help but wonder. Anyone else have this issue today?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-19 09:24:53)
Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos,Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Giroux, Ovechkin, Toews, Patrick Kane, Duchene, MacKinnon, Seguin, Hall, Getzlaf, Perry, Kopitar, Thornton, Pavelski, Sedins
- Comment on Alexei Emelin in lineup, Nathan Beaulieu out for Habs against Bruins (2014-10-16 09:41:00)
Wow! Great story. Good luck to him.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 2-1 in Shootout (2014-10-09 17:41:20)
Go Habs Go! Big night for Moen.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 23:51:16)
Emelin=2 points and +2 tonight
- Comment on Habs make Jacob de la Rose their final cut before season opener (2014-10-07 17:57:32)
flu epidemic and lockout oops! too late I see.
- Comment on Habs make Jacob de la Rose their final cut before season opener (2014-10-07 15:19:53)
Well I got my Sportsnet pool ready for this week but still no sign of TSN or CBC's. Any poolies here know if they've been discontinued? They must know that the season starts tomorrow.
- Comment on Habs make Jacob de la Rose their final cut before season opener (2014-10-07 15:16:24)
Better than Sekac?