kempie - (Rick Kemp)Member since September 20, 2009
Habs fan since: always
Favorite current player: It's a tie between Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher & Eller
All-time favorite player: Le gros Bill
- Comment on Habs send Tokarski to Hamilton for conditioning stint; Pacioretty listed as day-to-day (2014-12-19 21:07:23)
- Comment on A rare Saturday night with no hockey for Habs (2014-12-13 15:26:22)
Ya know, four years ago, he played 8 games here in town for the Petes (OHL). He went 8-0-0-0-0 and was a minus three. I don't remember ever hearing his name once. He moved on to do better in the USHL but seems to have had a fairly unremarkable career in the KHL. And now here we are. How Timmins & Bergevin knew what was happening with the kid seems like voodoo to me. Timmins is a bonafide genius in my opinion. Anybody would have picked Galchenyuk but Paccioretty, Subban, Price, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Andgrighetto, Hudon, Nygren, Pateryn, DLR, these picks were not so obvious to everyone and every one of them is a fantastic pick. If these guys continue to develop like this and the team is able to retain Plex, Markov etc. then add a major rental piece at the deadline every year, this team will be knocking hard on Stanley's door for a few good years.
- Comment on Galchenyuk at centre as Habs prepare to face Canucks; Beaulieu called up from Hamilton (2014-12-08 19:46:15)
That's an unbelievably powerful image. Gut wrenching. Tomorrow will be a tough night. Grown men will weep in unison from coast to coast. It's gonna be rough.
- Comment on Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau dies at age 83 (2014-12-03 09:55:30)
The fact that Mr. Béliveau won 10 Stanley Cups and captained what was arguably the best hockey team of all time, yet everything you're reading this morning is about his greatness as a human being - that pretty much sums it up.
- Comment on Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau dies at age 83 (2014-12-03 07:49:30)
My feelings exactly. If there was one single player who is responsible for my allegiance to this franchise, without a doubt, that was Mr. Béliveau. I've had the pleasure to meet quite a few "famous" people in my time. The only time I ever remember being totally at a loss for words in such a situation was in this man's presence. A true credit to the human race and, possibly, the greatest ambassador the sport has ever seen. I'm also very sad.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 22:51:40)
Yeah, I hear that. I love having a 3rd line that's scary to play against. I think it's one of the main keys to this team's success. The PP is probably the best place for this idea, I agree.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 22:37:03)
I get that you don't mess with a winning lineup after a solid game, and I'm not suggesting that's what MT should do. But... if the situation should present itself where this team needs to dial up the scoring punch (unlikely cause they're a goal-scoring juggernaut), this must have occurred to MT: Pacioretty-Eller-Secak Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher Prust-Desharnais-Parenteau etc. Maybe even just for an experiment, or spotty PP minutes, I can't be the only one salivating over the potential of 67-81-26. I'm usually not one for second-guessing line combos but, while I'm at it, here's what I'd do tomorrow with the D: Markov-Subban Gonchar-Gilbert Allen-Weaver 4th line would be: Tinordi-Beaulieu-Emelin (but no seriously, dress Emelin)
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 19:51:53)
Got them right where we want them now.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Rene Bourque to Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen (2014-11-20 18:01:51)
I was begging to sign Allen 3 years ago and I was disappointed that we didn't. He's declined a lot at this point but he's in the last year of his deal. He's big & nasty and MB got something for Bourque. I don't mind this deal, although I'm a bit concerned about the impact it will have on the development on 24/28.
- Comment on Liveblog: Lifeless Canadiens drop third in a row (2014-11-04 21:26:55)
Anybody else having trouble loading the BooneBlog?