FergMember since September 18, 2009
Habs fan since: Jesus wore short pants
Favorite current player: Pleky
All-time favorite player: Henri Richard
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-25 12:48:32)
Most impressive part was not the save, but the skate pass right onto Markov's stick.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 13:01:32)
I like this deal. Since Minor Midget with the Junior Canadiens, DSP has been a player who goes hard on the forecheck and arrives in ill humour. And in tight to the net, he has very good instincts and hands. I liked Sekac as well, but DSP will keep everybody honest. And he looks good in a Canadiens sweater. http://www.bramptonguardian.com/sports-story/3140245-smith-pelly-looking-forward-to-joining-the-majors/
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow 2-0 lead, Florida wins in Shootout (2015-02-19 22:23:18)
Glad Bolland ended that before we ran out of natural goal scoring defencemen. Sometimes coaches just think too hard about this game.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 21:19:09)
Who is Frankly Tinordi?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow lead, lose to Oilers in OT (2015-02-12 22:17:40)
I agree. Pleky should never have taken that low percentage shot at the empty net. Should have sent the puck back to his zone to kill more time. Got greedy and cost them the game.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-26 22:02:01)
I keep hearing Dean Lombardi didn't exercise a buyout for Mike Richards out of loyalty to him for his service. I hope that's not true, If he didn't exercise the buyout out of genuine belief that Richards could turn it around, then I disagree but I understand. But if the loyalty angle is true, well I guess that's admirable on a moral level, but it seems very unprofessional and perhaps negligent on a professional level. LA is on the hook for 5.75 million for the next 5+ years. Loyalty does not trump organizational and business needs. When these players signed their first professional contract, they negotiated money, not loyalty and not friendship. They should have realized that, and the general manager especially should have realized that. A general manager owes his players money, honesty, and respect. Loyalty and friendship....that's what fans are for. Let's hope Bergevin keeps a detached demeanour in his dealings with our team.
- Comment on Carey Price back on the ice at Habs’ practice (2015-01-19 23:00:21)
Phaneuf puts a clean hit on Jordan Staal and Eric Staal challenges Phaneuf. So Phaneuf tunes up Staal. At end of game Staal takes slapshot at Phaneuf then skates away from him. But let's not let facts get in the way of that blind Leaf hatred.
- Comment on Emelin could be odd man out for Habs against Blue Jackets (2015-01-14 11:46:45)
Inspirational story Habfan. Thank you for sharing it. Hope I, and others, can follow your lead.
- Comment on Emelin could be odd man out for Habs against Blue Jackets (2015-01-14 07:19:51)
Some observations from being at the Sabres - Red Wings game in Buffalo last night. 1. Buffalo is really bad at celebrations. I felt sorry for Hasek. Alone on the black carpet, lukewarm applause, lame video tribute. Montreal crowd would still be cheering for such an important franchise player. 2. Buffalo is really bad at everthing else too... traffic, concessions, hockey. 3. Detroit is really fun to watch. They must have had 5 power plays and not once did they dump and chase. They always hit the man right at the blue line who carried it in or left it to the trailing defenceman who carried it in with speed. So what gives with our PP? 4. We are all too fat. I am 225 and I was small in my row. Men and women. Doesn't look good and it will hurt us eventually. Make changes fellow HIOers. For your families.
- Comment on Habs send Tokarski to Hamilton for conditioning stint; Pacioretty listed as day-to-day (2014-12-19 12:12:19)
Until I get the official diagnosis from Dr. Recchi, I'm not believing anything I read.