aromaMember since September 16, 2009
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player: Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Jyrrki Lumme
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-17 08:39:19)
I really appreciate the effort and skill that goes into your posts and blog. But I have another take on on Lucic: as long as he's not injuring our players, he can be as petulant and abrasive as he sees fit. And as far as Bourque goes, it seems to me the biggest hole in his game is his apparant inability to corral a pass.
- Comment on Alexei Emelin in lineup, Nathan Beaulieu out for Habs against Bruins (2014-10-16 16:37:13)
He indeed will be if he at all underwhelms while taking the place of one of the young, right-handed shooting d'men in Hamilton.
- Comment on Alexei Emelin in lineup, Nathan Beaulieu out for Habs against Bruins (2014-10-16 16:35:56)
one reason he doesn't shoot enough is because he's one of the few trying to get to the net...
- Comment on Alexei Emelin in lineup, Nathan Beaulieu out for Habs against Bruins (2014-10-16 16:31:10)
So young in the season and already strange lineup decisions. In my mind, young Beaulieu is already a far more effective d'man than Mike Weaver, left or right side notwithstanding. The caveat, of course, that the 82 game largely exhibition season is the perfect time to try things with the personnel. So rather than sitting Beaulieu, how long will it take for MW to sit out and we can see what Pateryn or Nygren can do?
- Comment on Pateryn among five players sent to Hamilton by Habs (2014-10-02 13:55:48)
I tend to agree with you. A lot of undeserved hate on for the Cube. He could help a lot of teams still; it's odd how he gets pegged as an undersized d'man when the fact is he's the toughest player currently up with the team. Plays very well most nights for a guy his age and his heart and experience can't be denied. The fact is, tho', that it's time for the team to allow some breathing room on the roster to enable the young ones to flourish. Given that, I don't understand why he's still with the team. The club is still unusually conservative in terms of tolerance for up and coming talent. To quote The Idiot in Plaid: "Let 'em play!"
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 12:19:45)
Heh heh. Way to beat down the trolls!
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 12:18:37)
What I have figured out is that Rogers has purchased NHL.COM Gamecenter and has doubled the price. What is particularly galling is that the price is not evident anywhere on the site. Had I opted in without checking I would have had a nasty surprise on my credit card bill. Too expensive! To the streaming sites I go!
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-16 14:03:19)
I wonder how, at this point, McCarron is looking compared to the last couple of behemoths that skated for the Habs, Laraque and Parros? It's early yet for the lad, but if he can use his size and his fists at the NHL level... would he look any worse out there than Georges and George?
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-16 13:57:07)
(@Dipsy) I think you'll find there's a fair bit of consensus about this: Videotron got wise a number of years ago regarding their call centre - the customer and technical service is as good as it gets. Bell's? The absolute opposite of that. When you deal with them, it's as if they are begging you to cancel....
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-07 00:20:47)
Or, there's always NHL.COM's Gamecenter. One hundred bucks for the whole season including playoffs. Works out to about a couple of bucks per week... Less than a buck a game...