aromaMember since September 16, 2009
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player: Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Jyrrki Lumme
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-07 00:20:47)
Or, there's always NHL.COM's Gamecenter. One hundred bucks for the whole season including playoffs. Works out to about a couple of bucks per week... Less than a buck a game...
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-20 14:46:03)
thanks. Now to sweat it out for a few days more...
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-20 14:32:17)
Unless memory fails me (which it often does), isn't tomorrow the day of the two arbitration hearings? If so, I'm surprised that there's no buzz about it anywhere, on this site or elsewhere…please enlighten me someone.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 20:27:48)
That's not a rumor; it's a wet dream.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-28 10:25:25)
Why Gorges? He's been a consistent stalwart for how many years now? I don't see any problem with his play (or heart). Markov, on the other hand, has reached his shelf date. He's become a defensive liability and not the same force offensively. MAXIMUM two years at 3.5-4. Any more is a mistake. Rather see them pass on him altogether...Beaulieu is ready, so is Timordi, perhaps even...
- Comment on Bruins denounce racist comments about Habs’ Subban (2014-05-03 08:46:56)
Why? Because we're talking about a different sport and a different class of fans stateside. Not to cast aspersions on all American hockey fans, but judging by the way the NHL has been marketed to the US since expansion, the game is aimed at a demographic that would rather watch NASCAR than read a book and picks their teeth with their toenails. That's why the racist braindead fools come out from under their rocks when it comes to NHL hockey as opposed to the major US sports.
- Comment on Habs to scrimmage at Bell Centre Monday night (with video) (2014-04-28 15:00:09)
not saying to scratch him. Won't be necessary. He looks like he's playing hurt, as usual.
- Comment on Habs to scrimmage at Bell Centre Monday night (with video) (2014-04-28 14:33:04)
I'll go one further than that. I think Prust, who is likely already playing hurt, will not last more than a game or two. I like his defence on the Plek line, but not his lack of finish. Bournival, who has shown excellent defensive capability this year and looked good during his short tenure on that line, would be my pick to replace an ailing (or soon to be too-ailing-to-play) Prust. Moen - Briere or White - Weisse for the fourth line. Briere to start, but if continues the way he left off against Tampa, soon to be replaced by White. That's how I sees it...
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-28 12:22:15)
Best bet to me looks like Jagr. Forget his age; he has 60 pts. so far this year with the Devils. And he supposedly wants to play here. And a one year contract...hopefully he won't be overlooked again this year.
- Comment on Habs will start Budaj in goal against Bruins (2014-03-24 12:56:38)
Seems like another incident of the MT's usual tactic of benching a promising young player for multiple games in the wake of a single (although admittedly egregious) error. Not the way to bring along an important prospect, especially one like Tinordi who already appears to be more effective than two or three of the defencemen currently getting ice time. When is the last time the Habs had a coach that had the knack for effectively bringing along a young player?