Dru - (Dru Oja Jay)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 2003
Favorite current player: Marie-Philip Poulin
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 15:45:49)
Some reflections on the postseason that are likely too political for hockey fans, and too hockey for political types. Comments welcome, tho. http://montreal.mediacoop.ca/story/hockey-austerity-and-collective-achievement/30867
- Comment on Tokarski will start for Habs again in Game 3 vs. Rangers (with practice video) (2014-05-21 14:27:53)
Vanek: lookin' California, but feelin' Minnesota.
- Comment on About this afternoon … (early bitter-disappointment edition) (2014-05-18 10:11:25)
You have to win sixteen games to win the cup... but you can lose as many as twelve.
- Comment on Habs have to be better for next game, Subban says after 7-2 drubbing by Rangers (Video) (2014-05-17 18:21:28)
So in 1919, the last (only?) time the Habs lost by a bigger margin in the playoffs, they came back to win two games to tie up the series, but then the whole thing was cancelled because of spanish flu. What does it all mean?
- Comment on HI/O Show: Bring on the Rangers! (2014-05-16 01:09:33)
Plus ça change... http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dWXHDNm0uWE/U3AtnplnUNI/AAAAAAAAp-A/xMgA1GEhSP0/s1600/lundqvist+water+bottle+sidney+crosby+GIF.gif
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 4 – Bruins win 1-0 in OT, tie series (2014-05-08 20:37:13)
Times like this, I'm happy the Gazette cut me loose from my duties of hamster care, feeding and motivation a few years back and moved the tech support in-house. :)
- Comment on About yesterday afternoon … (2014-05-03 19:02:45)
I'm curious what the resident experts make of the fact that there are so many incomplete passes, turnovers, and general bobbling. Bad ice? Nerves? Combination of the two? Something else? When I was watching NYR-PHI (for example), there are all these smooth, crisp passes executed at high speed that make me feel like I'm watching a completely different league.
- Comment on About yesterday afternoon … (2014-05-03 18:58:44)
Price looked pretty tired in the 3rd. Less than 48 hours after five periods of shellacking, it's not hard to see why. That was the difference-maker between last game and this one, IMO.
- Comment on Bruins denounce racist comments about Habs’ Subban (2014-05-03 11:00:07)
- Comment on Bruins denounce racist comments about Habs’ Subban (2014-05-03 01:16:01)
Subban got the most public hate, but I haven't seen anyone mention that all of our goal scorers from the last game are people of colour. Bourque is Cree/Métis, Frankie is half Haitian, and to top it off Price is half Ulkatcho. In a league where whiteness and racism are rampant among fans, commentators and indeed, players, I reckon that should be a point of pride for the Habs and their fans. (Tilting toward a world where it doesn't matter, of course.)