GuyDoon - (Steve Glidden)Member since September 8, 2009
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 15:26:54)
Hello everyone We’ve heard the good old coach talk of “scoring more than three goals to win in this league”. This year, the mantra has become “we work to allow fewer than two goals”. This got me wondering how we were doing in these categories. Scored three or more goals: Record of 6-1-2 (.778 win%) Allowed two or fewer goals: Record of 11-3-1 (.767 win%) Do you have any idea how many times the Habs did both? 23 times, or 38% of their games. BTW, When they do neither: Record of 0-12-2 Good team. Smart coach
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 11:52:05)
I watched a few Wings games so far and it's quite amazing how much clutching and grabbing they get away with. Someone earlier said it was because they keep skating with the guy they're interfering with so the refs let it go. Another thing I notices was just how quick and gifted their young guns are. You know about Z, and Datsyuk might play too, but overall, these guys are really good. I don't see them missing the playoffs this year. The Wings are quite a successful organization. I'm curious to see how the Habs do against a team that plays the same way they do. This will probably be decided by the goaltender's.
- Comment on Habs bring 2-0 record to Philadelphia to face Flyers on Saturday night (2014-10-10 14:08:19)
I feel the same way. However, a long long time ago, a certain coach of the Habs wanted to be coach/GM, and he was denied. This began the end of the Habs perpetual dynasty machine. The Gm that followed was not a hockey guy and it showed over the years. That coach: one Scotty Bowman. Since then I been inclined to say, if the coach is that good, you give him what he wants to keep him. Detroit is in a pickle there because the current Wings GM is not so bad either ;-)
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 2-1 in Shootout (2014-10-09 18:31:41)
I noticed that too. Picked Kuznetsov as my require rookie pick.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 2-1 in Shootout (2014-10-09 18:29:50)
Moen draw in... I wonder if that has anything to do with the Caps rumoured interested in bottom 6 "character" guys and MB saying "well look what we have here".
- Comment on Few Habs regulars making trip to Quebec City to face Avalanche (2014-09-26 12:30:35)
Been away for a while. Great to be back. Wow! I've left the island a few decades ago, but I still think that living next to "Mosquito Creek" doesn't sound so "Shangri La" to me :-) As for the Habs preseason so far, I'm happy to see the kind of goals the team is scoring: bullet shots to the top corners. keep 'em coming!
- Comment on Habs’ Markov looks fine at practice (2013-12-09 14:37:58)
"back, and to the left"... I think there might have been a second hitter :)
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-03 15:41:51)
Been to Paris a few times too... The Louvre is really impressive, just so big! Love Musee D'Orsay the best. Champs Élysées is a special place. In the neighbourhood, love Pont des Arts the best. Montmartre: Take the Amelie tour ;) Parisian women: Very nice, yes, but married to Scandanavian blond bombshell, so wasn't paying as much notice as I should have. Old haunts: Shakespeare and Co Walking along the Seine is what the joy of travelling definites. It's one of those places you feel like you've been there before, in another life. As for wine, I worked in the vineyards of France and Switzerland. Best wine I've ever had was from the Lausanne region. Next game, let's talk Kathmandu!
- Comment on Fans fill Bell Centre for Red vs. White scrimmage (Video) (2013-09-15 16:45:18)
Someone below mentioned that Holland suggested new overtime to be 4on4 for four minutes, then 3on3 for four more. I'm wondering what happens when a penalty is called on 3on3? Would they play 3on2? That just sounds silly.
- Comment on Habs tee up new season at golf tournament (2013-09-03 19:02:29)