wildwilly - (William Connors)Member since August 28, 2009
Habs fan since: 1974
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-27 02:34:09)
The compliment is well-intended and I agree he has handled himself well, especially with the racist tweets during the playoffs. With that said, you can be sure his comments are closely managed by the Habs PR team and they are trained not to say anything provocative. But that is a good thing because I think society tries to make athletes into something they are not. If I want eloquence, I'll go to the library.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 15:28:24)
Exactly the amount most figured he'd go for. It's a fair deal...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 16:52:59)
The castle is a great visit. If you have 2 hours to kill, check out the Edinburgh haunted caves.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-12 04:40:54)
Yes, he has called him a bust. Apparently he's too slow and has no talent. He's also called for the GM and the entire coaching staff of the Habs and Bulldogs to be fired. The entire pool of prospects are duds and should be shipped out for future picks. Price, apparently, is overpaid and past his peak. Markov is too old and slow. Pleks is not a true top six centre and too small. They also need to be traded, possibly for an enforcer. In fact, for reasons too complicated for all other HIO readers to understand the entire team must flipped for future considerations. The 2014-2015 Canadiens will be Timo, Zenon Konopka, and 20 first round choices in the 2020 draft. Because Zenon has nobody to play with, he's now bouncing at Chez Paree and Timo gets free table dances until 2020.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-07 01:35:40)
The Sejek guy hasn't stepped foot on the ice and already you want to kick him out the door? It would be nice to see him play at least once, no? And you think Chicago will trade a top player for two mid-level prospects with no regular season and a few playoff games under their belt?
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 14:42:54)
Pink Moon, Northern Sky, River Man, One of these things first... He's a bit jazzy piano, bit smooth listening. He's a bit of a lost gem from the 60's. At least, lost for me! I never knew him until a few years ago but appreciate his music now.
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-06 14:27:09)
1. I would trade him for a right winger... If possible, Blake wheeler. 2. Yes, he's got nothing more to gain in the minors. 3. No. He needs to prove consistency. The playoffs were good but there's lots of goaltenders that played well in the playoffs and then disappeared (anyone remember Steve Penney?). 4. I live in England. It is raining here. 5. I'd play Nick Drake (my wife likes him), Seal, and George Ezra to show I'm not completely living in the past. 6. Blake Wheeler because he's big, fast, and plays RW. I'd also look at Nail Yakupov because I think his stock will never be as low as it is now.
- Comment on Habs trade Brière to Colorado for Parenteau (2014-06-30 16:01:10)
Maybe we're getting David Clarkson? (Pause for the screams) :-)
- Comment on ‘I feel like it’s my home,’ Habs’ Markov says about Montreal (2014-06-26 00:14:21)
I'm happy Markov is signed for three more years. Apart from the fact he is an excellent player who makes everyone around him better, he appreciates life in Montreal. There are so many players who complain about higher taxes, a different language, media pressure, and cold weather. It's nice to read about someone that says "I might make more elsewhere but I like the city, the people, and the organization." Normally players say such things after getting turned down everywhere else. It's nice to have him on the Habs and he will continue to be my favorite player.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-23 15:05:03)
Doomed? Too much money? He is a top-pairing defenseman that played 25 minutes a night. Markov is a known quantity. He has made others around him better for over a decade. Players of his type still perform well at 40. You don't get players like that (even at his age) for peanuts.