wildwilly - (William Connors)Member since August 28, 2009
Habs fan since: 1974
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 02:25:27)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-02 05:05:23)
If you look at the Canadiens on paper, not many would say they are a contender. Most say they are a bubble team, at best. If you agree with this assessment, Therrien is doing a good job by getting more out of the players than what was expected.
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2014-02-24 01:43:46)
Hopefully the Tinordi call up means Bouillon and Murray are traded for picks.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 09:41:45)
I fully-agree... Where are the people who were saying Babcock was over his head a few days ago?
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 09:40:34)
Cherry is so old he thought the job was going to Tony Esposito. The man pronounces "Luongo" as "Lalango".
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, semifinal: Canada 1, U.S. 0 (2014-02-22 04:49:18)
I agree with everything you said but... Did the game highlights get broadcast on the 11 o'clock news in the States? Without doubting there are good, knowledgeable hockey fans in the USA, hockey still ranks well behind football, basketball, baseball, college sports, NASCAR...
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-07 01:07:40)
Nice win... So who do you think is going from the Habs at the trade deadline? Ship out quantity for quality?
- Comment on Habs prepare for busy Super Bowl weekend; Thomas to make debut (2014-01-31 15:19:07)
He speaks poop, more accurately.
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday to lick their wounds (2014-01-26 15:03:43)
I often think of what might have happened had Gainey the foresight five years ago to trade the pending UFAs (Komisarek, Kovalev, Higgins, and a few others). At the time, teams would have given up loads of picks and prospects for those players. At the trade deadline we were sitting in 7th place. We held onto the players, made the playoffs, and were beaten in four straight in the first round. In the off season, we traded for Gomez and signed Cammalleri and Gionta to five-year contracts. And that is how the foundation of Gainey's "5 year plan" was laid. What will our new "5 year plan" be? More smallish, older players with no trade clauses and high price tags? I hope not.
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday to lick their wounds (2014-01-26 14:16:40)
Not even English speaking! The Southampton coach (Pochettino) speaks Spanish only and communicates through a translator. Some teams don't even have a native British in their starting lineup. Their problems with nationality and language are worse than in North America. I didn't originally realize the post was in sarcasm but the post was a whopper.