wildwilly - (William Connors)Member since August 28, 2009
Habs fan since: 1974
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Islanders vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski gets start as Price sidelined with upper-body injury (2015-01-17 05:53:13)
It's supposed to be Chara... But looking closer I think it'd Brad Marchand. Chara is bigger and uglier.
- Comment on Islanders vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski gets start as Price sidelined with upper-body injury (2015-01-17 05:22:05)
I am amazed with the lack of patience HIO posters have with the Habs. Everyone wants to fire the coach, trade youth for an established player, or ship out non-performing players. There is no "quick fix" that will deliver the Cup. It takes years to build a winner and only a few poor decisions to mess it up. Borrowing the words of the great Axel Rose... "All we need is just a bit of patience".
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-07 17:06:45)
Speculation but a good read... DD for Vermette? I'd do that. http://www.gohabsgo.com/en/2015/01/07/rumour-marc-bergevin-scouring-the-trade-market-for/
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-04 05:39:40)
While I am enjoying this win, I am looking out for the "Fire Therrien!" posters. Where are the people saying the coach is incapable of developing talent? What about the "old school" tactics that no longer work in today's NHL? And Bergevin is a clown that doesn't know what he is doing... To all of them, I salute them in a special way. It is a nice feeling to be on top, I imagine nicer in May.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Devils preview (2015-01-02 11:51:50)
I am sure every year people talk about "new standard" coaches. Many of those "new standard" geniuses quickly become "yesterday's" coaches when they don't win enough games. Weren't Dallas Eakins and Guy Boucher once considered "new standard" coaches? Bergevin is widely regarded as a top GM in the league now. If you choose to call him a clown, please substantiate it more than his dress sense. If he helps Montreal win another cup, I couldn't care less if he wears a pointy bra and a mini skirt to games.
- Comment on Bournival will be healthy scratch for Habs against Hurricanes (2014-12-29 12:54:45)
Has anyone seen this? http://www.gohabsgo.com/2014/12/29/est-ce-le-debut-de-la-fin-pour-david-desharnais-a-/ It is speculation but it says there's a possible trade involving DD for Ryan O'Reilly. I don't see it straight up.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-23 23:09:48)
Third! Good game...
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-19 00:54:19)
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Canucks 3-1on an emotional night (2014-12-09 17:46:53)
The beginning of the end for DD. Patches will score a hat trick tonight with his new line mates.
- Comment on Nathan Beaulieu will be in the lineup for Habs against Canucks (2014-12-09 17:29:39)
If someone wants to see what awful is, go to Toronto and Edmonton. There are "fans" who want to bring the same soap opera to Montreal. "Fire the coach! Trade all the prospects for a first line centre! Trade the centre for prospects! Hire Don Cherry as GM. Youppi for coach." I'm happy to be patient and give Bergevin a chance.