Max_a_million - (Mark Houle)Member since August 26, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Subbang!
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur and Patrick Roy
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 12:14:38)
The Canadiens save over a million dollars, and get more rugged. Is this freeing up the money for a bigger trade later? Or just continually making us more cap efficient. If the players are interchangeable, the money alone makes this a win.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Beaulieu playing with confidence (2015-02-23 10:25:12)
I was checking out minutes and stats for Lupul and Wisniewski this morning on ESPN, and I noticed all the pictures of the Leafs leaders look so miserable. Kessel, Clarkson, Bernier ... so miserably unhappy in their pics. All of the Habs leaders are beaming Price, PK, Pacioretty, Prust ... they have huge smiles. The only non-smiling Habs Markov (expected), Galchenyuk (probably taken when he was 18), Pateryn, and Emelin is a tad questionable. Most of the Leafs are not smiling. Seems very telling in (1) team ethos and brotherhood (2) what kind of players MB is looking for. My hunch is he trades for someone with a good personality in the room to keep tight. To keep that team bond like a Gonchar, like a Weise (funny haircut in that photo). Can't see that being Kessel regardless of his contract. I don't know about Lupul ...
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-18 12:19:09)
You trade good assets to get good assets. Much better than the chatter was always about giving up garbage, and trying to get assets in return. Good begets good.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-18 12:13:36)
-Is Pateryn auditioning for a trade? -Isn't it funny how the number one defensceman playing crazy minutes, on the league's stingiest team is seen as a defensive liability. PK's alright! -Hockey is a team sport. Price might just be the best goalie in the world right now (in the word's of Carey Price Just chill out Marinara), but it's a team sport. it's not all his fault when we lose. It's not all his credit when we win. The Habs are playing well as a team. -Defencemen seem thin right now. My hunch is no deal for a defencemen, or a minor deal. How much of an upgrade is really available. Why give up assets for a lateral shift. -Man we could use a sniper. Too bad cammaelleri's contract is so long. I bet MB trades for a goal scorer.
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 13:20:28)
They have played well together on the power play before. Markov is the back door guy who passes great, and Subban has a great shot. I think we are overcooking the stew to question them.
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 12:45:39)
Hmmm ... Markov has a history as a power play performer Subban has a history as a power play performer This team has a history of doing well on the PP. Maybe Max Pacioretty is a really great forward with speed and size who I really really like, even for the next captain of the team. but maybe just maybe he isn't that great on the power play. His game is more speed and north south than puckhandling and dishing. Maybe he's a suqare peg in a round hole? What if Max got much less power play time, and then we could throw his line on right after the power play fresh. They wouldn't be playing the other team's top D after the penalty kill either. I think because he is a great goal scorer it's assumed too much he should be on the power play. He's pretty freakin awesome on the penalty kill with pleks.
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 12:40:27)
That was one of my big issues too.
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 12:39:24)
I guess. Hopefully it works. All of these lines seem pretty bizarre to me. Not a fan.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-03 00:26:10)
Dear Mr. Boone, It's Carey Price's 389th start, his 400th career game. For a career record of 200-146-45
- Comment on A letter from the Béliveau family (2014-12-18 10:54:31)
great first comment! Bravo and I agree wholeheartedly.