Max_a_million - (Mark Houle)Member since August 26, 2009
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Subbang!
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur and Patrick Roy
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:49:24)
The field should not be blue. Part of the allure is the perfectly manicured green grass.
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:45:41)
I thought they played in San Juan
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:43:09)
Purely machinations of people who like speculation about such things. I guess enough people want to conspire and read Eklund. Yes I am sure he talks to the other gm's on a regular basis. They just don't happen.
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:38:27)
That was an exaggeration for effect, I'm sorry guess I should be more precise. Actual averages: 1998 - 67 cents 1999 - 67 cents 2000 - 67 cents 2001 - 64 cents 2002 - 63 cents
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:31:25)
Why would anyone think we are looking to trade anyone? This baffles me. I am sure Bergevin is always listening, but why? We won't trade for anyone unless there is some minor leaguer who they feel needs a change of scenery, or if there is a super stud available on the cheap at the trade deadline was Vanek was. This isn't a fantasy league of riverboat gambling.
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:26:12)
The Canadian dollar was around 50 cents American when the Expos were struggling. With the emergence of every team having a home network like the YES network smaller market teams can compete much more so. Also as a result of the Expos struggles, MLB does a lot of revenue sharing. A lot of the obstacles are out of the way. If they land a team in the AL East there would be a lot of Yankee and Red Sox fan spill over ticket sales from northern England and Northern New York. Perhaps even from the mother cities as well, as the price of Yankees tickets it's simply crazy (kind of like habs tickets)
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 12:08:33)
Pacioretty/Desharnais keep being called our first line, and perhaps that's true. Galchenyuk and Plekanek have been the offensive leaders thus far. Maybe we have two first lines. I know plus minus is a faulty stat, but with such great plus minuses for Pacioretty (+7), Desharnais (+6), Markov (+6), Plekanek (+4), Galchenyuk (+4), and Gallagher (+4). Our top lines are putting a goal or close to it more a night than their opponents. In the Tampa blow out, our third and fourth lines were pounded. The two top lines were still even or plus. There were so many years we were playing such crap AHL guys regularly on the Big Club. Louis Leblanc played 42 games for the Habs in 2011-12, and another 8 the next year. Dep is a luxury, too much complaining about having 5 centres and Whether Weise, Moen, Bournival, Sekac plays. This is a great thing to have. Fresh bangers ... At this point we have no holes. The only players we would trade for would be a stud like the Vanek trade last year. Our cupboards are full for goodness sake at every position. This is so huge. We don't have to trade a 2nd rounder for a player to sure up a weakness. 2nd round picks can turn into superstars. Deep breaths ...
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-20 15:45:36)
Wait we are criticizing Pacioretty. C'mon ladies and gentlemen it's only been two days since we had a game. Geez let's not devour our own selves here.
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-20 14:31:37)
here here ... habs win this year!
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-20 14:30:46)
They won't be 82-0 Ian :) We have the most depth and skill we have had in decades. So much youth, it's going to be a great decade to come.