L Elle - (larisa)Member since September 19, 2010
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Guy Lapointe
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 10:30:19)
Scoring and toughness or toughness and scoring. This has been the theme dating back to the last century. ;) I agree with you to play it safe, but sometimes coaches tend to play it too safe. The kids play nervous, afraid of being benched for their errors, therefore creating even more errors.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 10:18:51)
Only the best can get away with riffin' baby. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvVzaQ6i8A
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 09:45:40)
Tinordi is exactly the kind of player our Habs need desperately. Shot-blocking and limiting scoring chances is all fine and well, but, when you have a goalie like Price, you don't have to worry about him stopping the puck, but should worry about every opponent trying to take him out of the equation. Yes, Tinordi made, and will continue to make mistakes, but how the heck else will he learn? Any of the young guys, including Pateryn, is what Price needs by his side. He can easily cover their mistakes, and they can easily clear the crease and send the message to the opponent to stay away from our best player. As improved as our team is, they are still nowhere without Price. And how 'bout them singers? A great voice does not make a great anthem singer. Was I the only one wincing at all the R&B riffs sung by all three Canadiens' idols?
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-29 09:42:07)
Moved to new thread!
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 20:53:44)
I was telling myself not to freak out so soon. :) The lineup is not set up yet, and chemistry is still forming. I think they'll be alright by the season opener.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 20:46:18)
Too early to freak out. ;) I don't think/hope so. One thing for sure, Price is still awesome.
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 20:35:34)
Another shutout for Caps. Ugh, preseason or not.
- Comment on Preseason Game 3: Bulldogs edge Avs in QC (2014-09-26 22:56:33)
habsO and I agree, finally, on something. ;)
- Comment on Preseason Game 3: Bulldogs edge Avs in QC (2014-09-26 22:30:03)
So true. I listened to "away" games as a kid, on my tiny transistor way under the blanket unbeknownst to my parents. haha Of course, Gallivan and Irving made you feel like you were there, and not missing a thing.
- Comment on Preseason Game 3: Bulldogs edge Avs in QC (2014-09-26 22:24:43)
I don't even remember the last time a pre-season game got me on the edge of my seat. That's 3 in a row now. The kids are awesome and fearless. WOW!