Mc - (Liz McIntosh)Member since August 9, 2009
Habs fan since: 1955
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Henri Richard
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens head west riding four Ws (2015-02-28 22:22:08)
Love Fuller's ESB.....if you are ever in London, take the tour of Fuller's Brewery in Chiswick.....lots of nice pubs on the High Street as well....
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Smith-Pelly to make Habs debut; Thomas a healthy scratch (2015-02-26 03:51:02)
Great story on the CBC about Alex Smidt meeting Tim Bozon: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/tim-bozon-meets-alex-smidt-common-bond-is-meningitis-and-habs-1.2970581?cmp=rss
- Comment on Manny Malhotra set for Habs debut vs. Avalanche (with Patrick Roy video) (2014-09-25 23:54:14)
Several years ago, a friend from Ottawa and I took an Australian friend to her first (ice) hockey game in Montreal.....we thought we'd explained things thoroughly......we couldn't get 3 seats together, but we were all in the same general area. At the end of the second period, the score was tied, and the Aussie was looking at me with a very puzzled expression and finally came back to me to ask if they would now have the equivalent of penalty kicks or what.....I told that if it was still tied at the end of the game, they'd do OT and a shoot out, etc, at which point she said, you mean the game isn't over? Note this guide mentions 3 periods right away......I have sent this guide to her......it is just a bit late...... BTW, after this adventure, the three of us also attended a game in Boston with the Habs as visitors......we ended up in one of the boxes at centre ice, beside the press box (long story)......the Aussie now knew how many periods to expect and had it drilled into her that the Habs were the good guys.....she was the loudest Hab fan in the arena.....good thing we weren't in general seating as we would have been lynched......the Habs won....
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-07 21:11:20)
Very sorry to hear this, Paz.......we never have them long enough, and losing them never gets easier to cope with......you will, however, have all the memories of her for the rest of your life. My thoughts are with you.
- Comment on Happy 83rd birthday to Habs legend Jean Béliveau (2014-08-31 20:34:19)
Happy Birthday to the definition of class......all the best, Mr Beliveau.
- Comment on Who will be the Habs’ first-round pick? (with Trevor Timmins audio) (2014-06-27 01:31:02)
Don't think this has been posted yet re Gino Odjick's health situation, but it is very sad: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/gino-odjick-former-canucks-enforcer-has-terminal-heart-disease-1.2689371
- Comment on Habs will open playoff series Wednesday night in Tampa (2014-04-14 01:21:49)
Surrey, I don't post very often, but as a Toronto born Habs fan, I can't let this slide. There are a lot of people in this city who are honest decent individuals, who deserve better than being called turds. A lot of them will be cheering on the Habs. Just because an ignorant journalist (who works for the Sun, need i say more.....) says something incredibly stupid, that does not justify you writing something just as stupid and insulting to roughly 3 million Canadians. We are citizens of the same great country, please have some respect.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 11: San Jose dominant in 2-0 win (2013-10-26 23:11:00)
It is quite remarkable what they can sense. The year before I lost my Airedale, he tore an ACL. I had one of my cats, Norman, then and he would lie down next to Simon and comfort him while he was recovering from surgery. I knew Simon was on the mend when Norman started picking on him again.......After Simon died, Norman comforted me......
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 11: San Jose dominant in 2-0 win (2013-10-26 19:03:08)
I'm very sorry, Storman...one of the hardest things to go through....the last time I had to do it was 4 years ago when I lost my 11 year old Airedale.....take confort in giving him a great life and the fact that you are left with some wonderful memories. (I think I'll go give my dog and 3 cats some hugs now.)
- Comment on ‘I’m taking nothing for granted,’ Gallagher says heading into second season (2013-08-28 00:37:22)
I assume you are already planning a trip through the Whiskey Museum in Edinborough......I don't know if they still do, but when I was there, they had free samples...... Glen Farclas is a good distillery to visit as well...... Cheers!